Show off your reskins!

1896-1996
2022-10-03-121953.jpg

Forester1,
The Garratts are 4-cylinder simple locos, with steam being delivered to and exhausted from the forward and rear cylinders by a complex series of pipes. Both sets of drivers are articulated, with each respective bunker (coal on the rear or water up front) moving with the drivers, unlike U.S. mallets and articulated engines where only the front set was articulated. So these Welsh Highland locos would be 2-6-2+2-6-2. The concept was very effective, allowing for very tight radii. Also equally effective going forward or reverse. These locos originally went to South Africa, circa 1958, now back in the UK. Both the model and Ken's reskins are terrific.
Best,
smyers

Impressive video, indeed! What a collection, even the buses and trams. K1 in fine fettle, surely the "Big Boy" of the event. Looks great. Did you notice, Forester1, that K1's cylinders face in, unlike the other Garratt types.
Thanks for posting, Ken. Most enjoyable.
Best,
smyers

I Just Made 2 GE U36B Locos

Based On Davesnow's General Electric U36B No Ditch Lights Undec

Conrail
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Milton Valley Railroad

Both Locomotives Are Now Available On DLS

ATSF SD45-2u in Freightbonnet. Jointed Rail did the original FB version but not the rebuilt variant, which only had the Kodachrome and BNSF schemes done, along with the B units, which were not new from EMD. The B units were SD45-2s rebuilt by ATSF shop forces into cabless booster units.

2022-10-12_170756.jpg

ATSF SD40X in Kodachrome scheme. A UP version would be possible, but no HT-B truck meshes exist for it.

2022-10-12_171359.jpg

Back