Show off your reskins!

2019-03-28_010908.jpg

A couple shots of my modifications to K&L's Arcade & Attica no. 18 (my hometown locomotive!). I changed the cab lettering, changed the smokebox "face" to a more classic Alco-looking one, and reskinned/kitbashed a larger tender to resemble the larger one the Arcade & Attica just got from Gettysburg no. 76 in a tender swap with the Oakland B&O Museum in Oakland, MD.

1c35IaZ
1c35IaZ
9olzfYQ.jpg

1c35IaZ.jpg

yNUNri3.jpg

Z0GWU0C.jpg

fkZMdyH.jpg

XbWFTIR.jpg

Beautiful work BrianPacos. Are those reskinned cars to, or are they available somewhere?

The cars are from K&L's Arcade & Attica #18 pack. I altered them a bit to make them look a little closer to the real life versions, mostly just changed the font on the sides and changed the numbering. Added a 1-degree tilt to car 307 just like in real life as well...

2yzik5e.jpg

I made this reskin of GTW S-3-a #4070 last night or so. She is a 1918 product of ALCo built to USRA specs (Light Mikado.) For most of her revenue career she was numbered 3734, but was renumbered to 4070 in 1958. 4070 was retired two years later. She was restored and ran on the Cuyahoga Valley Line until 1990.

I watched the movie "The Polar Express". I was wondering if they would make the actual cars from the movie which is the coach and the observation.
pe2.jpg
There’s a place where you can get movie-accurate versions of those coaches. The Kirk Ronan Harbour Yards: https://kirkronanharbouryards3d.jimdo.com/content/rolling-stock/standard-gauge/

Yes. K&L Trainz did make a model of the train from The Polar Express. Other than the lettering on the locomotive being white instead of yellow, it's a 100% accurate model. I think that the reason why the lettering on the locomotive being white instead of yellow is for it to be freeware instead of payware.
Link to section of K&L Trainz's website:
https://kltrainz.com/freeware/
There’s a movie-accurate version of those coaches, which you can find here at the Kirk Ronan Harbour Yards: https://kirkronanharbouryards3d.jimdo.com/content/rolling-stock/standard-gauge/

I turned the Subpar Productions Baldwin consolidation in an ATSF 2-8-0. This is a 789 Class loco, of which 811 is the only surviving member.

29xw5ll.jpg

I just cloned two of my Conrail AC4400's and weathered them which makes them resemble somehow like that of the old Digital Roundhouse Conrail SD80MAC (NS 7214). These are probably now available on the DLS along with my other CR AC44 engines for anyone who's looking for some "alternate historic"/"what-if" Conrail power.

A joint mod effort between normhart and myself.

Sample pic but still needs refining.

60241998_10206094467878109_2434679229091151872_o.jpg

Last edited:
So I whipped up a quick UP SD60 skin.

Except it's on the SOO SD60 mesh, because I couldn't be bothered to grab one that's a bit closer to UP specs. It's midnight:30 and I'm tired, I'll mess with it later.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Back