Show off your reskins!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Simple reskin,but the locomotive has been converted to a scenery object,once converted then added the bogeys back from the original locomotive,then with some simple modifications in GIMP,got it all rusty looking,then cloned the bogeys,then reskined the bogeys so that they were all rusty to (Most of it anyways.),and removed the mesh for the shadow plain,now the locomotive will look good in ether a scrapyard or sitting out in the countryside by some railway tracks,forgotten,like it is in the images above. I don't know why the driving rods on the driving wheels will not show up right though...

Many thanks, trainboi1. The engines are great and see much use over here. The mogul is indeed a brute for it's wheel arrangement.

QLq78Bm.jpg

Looking forward to your projects.

Best,
smyers

Thanks for the comments Trainboi1. At this stage of my skills, I'm just happy if I don't end up completely ruining the look of it (after cloning it of course).

Thanks for the tips re: colours. I do like to have a little bit of variety of colour on my "go-to" layouts and stock (and I don't have a great deal of prototypical knowledge either) but I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks for all the great stuff that you've all been puting out for us too.

Cheers,
Piere.

Smyers, Ohh how I hope some of your work becomes available somewhere someday. Your scenes are absolute works of art, every time.

Cheers,
Piere.

I hope some of your work becomes available somewhere someday. Your scenes are absolute works of art, every time.

Many thanks, Piere. That's very kind and much appreciated. Someday, I hope. It's just the kuid madness that's intimidating. Even my little N&NS has 800 or so dependencies. I didn't know better so I just used anything that looked right. Either way, Piere, I'll let you know what's happening. At least I've used no payware!

Best,
smyers

Today's works...

BNSF GEVO's in the H2 scheme:
ES44DC 7650-7743
ES44AC (Pre-Production, designated as AC4400CW) 5718-5747

ESRKwg6.jpg

Modern UP GEVOs in both the 7XXX-8XXX and 24XX-25XX number ranges.

9UH3glZ.jpg

Matt

I changed out CP no. 5361's maroon and gold Canadian Pacific-style lettering for some yellow lettering with white trim for excursion service in Western New York on the New York & Lake Erie Railroad.

W67CuEF.jpg

Who's models did you use for those though? There are no CP steam locomotives for Trainz other than K&L's one and Worksim's Royal Hudson as far as I'm aware. I've been wanting a CP 4-6-0 and 4-6-2 like #972 and #2317 for a while now. But yours you can't send out. Are there any CP steam locomotives even running in the real world? #2317 has been out of service for a while, #972 is at Strasburg needing restoration, and the Royal Hudson in Squamish no longer runs regular excursions. The 2-8-2, is that going to be released or is that a payware item you reskinned? If you can't send it I found a similar 2-8-2 at the Backshop that I could download. That was also a neat idea reskinning it to New York and Lake Erie. I think there is a blank DEM of that railroad on the DLS called NYLE.

Last edited:
I would love to have the WK&S route, I live about 15 miles east of Kempton. A man who lives with us grew up near Hawk Mountain on a dairy and tree farm. I rode the train several times in the early 1980's behind #65 and #2 and the trolley once or twice. I rode it again behind the diesels a few times. Are there any plans for release of the route and custom buildings? Did you make Wanamaker station, too? Kempton and Albany Township haven't changed much, there is very little new development there. It's too bad that back in 1962 and 1972 they couldn't acquire more of the track from the Reading and it was scrapped. Like toward Lynnport, or Lenhartsville. The Lenhartsville station was relocated, painted white, and is a private residence. Apparently the rest of the S&L stations were like the Wanamaker station, but New Tripoli's looked bigger.

Last edited:
Back