Show off your reskins!

RI FA-1's in the Maroon Dip scheme. Not done yet, still need the stripes finished.
2022-01-25-184556.jpg

Last edited:
I've completed the FA-1 :cool:

2022-01-25-194532.jpg

As a side note, there is a b unit too :)

2022-01-25-195632.jpg

I may ask Trainboi if I can release these, lets hope I get around to it :D

Last edited:
Well I can take this over the Avelia Liberty. I can run this along with the Acela Express and other Amtrak high speed trains

I did painted skinning of Baggage car and planning to painted Coaches and Sleeper also Diner Lounge and Observation. I don't know ywt my decide get release or now just my own. Because I notuced that my posted they won't help me since. If help me I will put release/ I just need to learning to Blender and attachment points for Mars light. See pic here.

Cheer

NKP

Some New Amtrak Reskins

You guys may or may not have seen my screenshots of early Amtrak trains in the Phase I scheme of the 1970s and early 80s. Some of the passenger cars are my newer reskins. I thought I'd showcase them in closer detail. I enjoy making these reskins a lot and they're a nice break from the steam locomotives I usually work on. The cars are still pretty much work in progress as I look for more car types, names and numbers to cover.

2022-02-04_213533.jpg

These are the lightweight cars in Phase I, all of which I reskinned from Magicland's models which are former payware that he has re-released as freeware on ProTrainz. So far I have a baggage dorm, two variants of 10-6 sleeper, the ex UP Pacific series and the ex ATSF Palm series, two versions of 56 seat coaches and an ex ATSF 4-4-2 Regal series sleeper.

2022-02-04_213656.jpg

Today I also started making versions of the cars following their HEP rebuilds and repaints into Phase III as Heritage Fleet cars. Shown above are a Grove Series ex SP 10-6 sleeper and a Pacific Series ex UP sleeper.

2022-02-04_213811.jpg

Last is an EMD E8 A/B set in Phase I. The original skin was made by SAR621, which I improved the coloring of and updated with new dependencies such as hornsounds, engine specs, engine sounds and bogies. I also made a B unit using edited textures from the A unit and kitbashed a three chime airhorn mesh from one of Magicland's E8s.

Last edited:
They all look awesome, especially the Phase IIIs!!!

I do like Magicland's own stuff a lot and maybe you should reskin the Amfleets (with interiors) from his ex-payware Amtrak Pack.

Back