Show off your reskins!

Nice sinclairs. We seriously need more tanker variety, more freight car variety in general actually.
Also, did I miss those andrews trucks on the TF release?

Maybe I should do a Magnolia tanker, those thngs are underrated.

I swapped the trucks for lilb's as well as adding his animated airhose and anglecocks. Along with that I alpha'd out the original airhose. Switched over to lilb scripting, so it now has the coupler flag when last in the consist.

I like things to match up and I almost exclusively use lilb's freight cars, except when there are none that he made such as tankers.

The placard and waybill I just added into the skin, the plates for them were already in the model, just not used.

Personally I agree. We need better freight cars in a variety. Here is some other stuff I made.
NADX.jpg

C%26T.jpg
GP40-2.jpg

I swapped the trucks for lilb's as well as adding his animated airhose and anglecocks.

Which asset can I download that has the Andrews trucks, if you don't mind me asking?

Aside, did some touch-ups to Davesnow's Diamond Sugar hopper. Still WiP, might try and learn weathering later.
image.png

Filter for lilb on the DLS, look for 55 ton hoppers. If they aren't there, look in the "transition era" category on jointedrail.com

--LOTSA SHOTS--

Ran a Milwaukee Road freight for the heckuvit. Several reskins and kitbashes of mine were on it, decided to share them. Some have been seen before, but it's always good to remind yourself how much you've improved, right? We all start somewhere.

Milwaukee Road PS-1 Boxcars with/ large logos. The second boxcar, 51290, was listed in the ORER as labelled for Bomb Lading, but externally looked like every other boxcar. This once lead to an incident where one of these fully loaded cars was accidentally sent to a paper mill. Davesnow models.

image.png

URTX 89076 (Miller 9611), a former Milwaukee Road 'Cherry Car'. This one is unique and was fun to make. I like stuff like this. K&L Model.

image.png

Unlettered 50ft Tanker + Milwaukee Trailer Flat w/ REA Trailer. The tanker I did in MS Paint and when I still used 10. Ugh, how I cringe at those days lol. the MILW Trailer flat is also from 10, however I kitbashed the trailer onto it, based from a freight car seen in Early Amtrak Across Wisconsin. Majekear, TUME and CloakedGhost275 models.

image.png

UTLX Tanker 484, a 2-Dome Tanker. This is a simple kitbash, I first saw one of these in a promotional film entitled 'Freight Train (1954)' on YouTube. fitz505 model, can't remember what asset I used for the dome, maybe trainboi1?

image.png

One of my favorites, KFRX Reefer 5311 - converted from a troop sleeper. These cars are epic, and colourful too. Definitely fits for the 70's. Trainzman54 commission.

image.png

PC 60ft ACF Boxcar, patched PRR. This was made from a photo, also colorful. For sure gives off that Penn Central vibe. dericm model.

image.png

Milwaukee Road PS-1 Boxcar 2151 in a special 'Hydroframe-60' scheme from Pullman-Standard. Davesnow model.

image.png

B&O 50ft Waffle-Side Boxcar 485207. I actually have an HO Model of one of these cars. Certainly interesting, not a whole lot of attention is given to pre-chessie B&O. Davesnow model.

image.png

Two for one, PRR H42 Hopper 261269 + SHPX 6-Dome Wine Tanker 6623. The former, could have been better. Wish I put detailing on the outside braces. Oh well. The latter, all I can say is 'based'. Majekear and Prjindngo models.

image.png

And that's all I have to say for now.

Last edited:
I see the potential here, but as the saying goes, Shouldn't Paint So Fast!
Take some time to make sure all the details are present, upscale the texture *before* editing if it's too small, make the colours correctly match and grab accurate fonts. Other than that, this is a great start. We all have to start somewhere.

Now this is a much needed locomotive that hasn't really been covered in Trainz as of recent. This is a MoPac SD40-2c in UP Armour/Canary Yellow that I had a lot of fun whipping up last night. The unit was reskinned from the freeware Jointed Rail UP SD40-2.

2022-11-25_002811.jpg

Back