Show off your reskins!

@PerRock Interesting if Amtrak replace all the P32s and Amfleets with that
@masashiranul That good stuff. I didn't even know UP had a special SD70M too

They are replacing them with the locomotive that is on the far end of the train; the ALC-42 (replacing the P40 & P42s) and the ALC-42E will replace the P32ACDM. I don't know if the ALC-42s will be replacing the B32-8WHs.

Amtrak is also replacing one of the Amfleet fleets (I'm forgetting off-hand which one, feeling under the weather today) with the American version of the cars pictured, the Siemens Venture cars.

peter

Ahh I did not know. The B32-8WHs are being used for shunting, but they sometimes do get put on Amtrak trains (Sometimes, one of them will lead)

Ahh I did not know. The B32-8WHs are being used for switching, but they sometimes do get put on Amtrak trains (Sometimes, one of them will lead)

Would be kinda cool if they dispatched a few on Cascades services and repainted them into Cascades colors so they can free up the P42DC's for Amtrak's main trains.

Ahh I did not know. The B32-8WHs are being used for shunting, but they sometimes do get put on Amtrak trains (Sometimes, one of them will lead)

I know that there are a pair based in Chicago that get used for work trains on the Michigan Line. Although that may partially be because there is so few equipment in Amtrak's roster that can run on the Michigan Line.

peter

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Reskin bodge by "evilcrow" , "Fuel_Depot_4BD 3V7"------- <kuid:255503:103828>. From the original by the late Ben Dorsey, now on the DLS.

Cheers, evilcrow

Amtrak Pacific Surfliner NPCU (Fictional) with skirting and black windshield area like on the former F59PHIs
Screenshot-2022-06-24-221540.jpg

Amtrak Las Vegas Talgo NPCU (Fictional) with black underframe to match the Talgo VI Consist if they ever received NPCUs for the set
Screenshot-2022-06-24-221523.jpg

Great job there! I believe that the Pacific Surfliner actually had an F40PH, so you're pretty accurate with that one.

I find it odd that I was discussing the LV Talgo last night with some friends, and wake up to see you making reskins of it.

As a side note, the LV Talgo just used the same power as the Surfliners, so when it ran with an F40 it was the silver skirted one Jdriver pictured.

Also, the Surfliner/LV Talgo blue should be darker, it looks like you're using the "Amtrak Blue" and not the darker "Surfliner Blue" (which is lighter than Phase IV blue).

peter

It was just a test to see how it would look to match the Talgo Cars based on a few photos I had saved. Surfliner Blue is Amtrak Deep Blue which is what I used for this. It's just my lighting on the Thumbnail Route.

Last edited:
Back