Show off your reskins!

A WIP from the VMD GP7 skins. Wish they'd get back into things there at VMD.
86977119.jpg

This unit close to the real C&WC, but it has the dual headlight units like the SP GP-9, but nothing is like this for the GP 7. The SP unit has dynamic brakes, while the C&WC units do not. Since this looks better with out the dynamic brakes, I choose to accept the innacuracy of the headlights. The C&WC was a part of the SAL and operated from Agusta, GA to Port Royal, SC.

I'd love to be able to share these, but VMD only allows reskins posted for download on their site. I have not been able to get a response from them in a long time about hosting my many reskins of Geeps from them.

Dan

Thanks, guys! This is my first attempt at a reskin so it's nice to know that people actually like it. I'm not really sure what exactly inspired me to do this scheme, I actually came up with the whole red with a white stripe idea before ever even hearing about the Wisconsin and Southern. As for the Southern Pacific influence, I'm not really seeing it, haha. I thought it was more of an Indiana Railroad ripoff on the front with reversed chevrons. I'm still debating whether I should paint the top of the nose white, red, or just leave it black... any input regarding that?

Steve

Thanks, guys! This is my first attempt at a reskin so it's nice to know that people actually like it. I'm not really sure what exactly inspired me to do this scheme, I actually came up with the whole red with a white stripe idea before ever even hearing about the Wisconsin and Southern. As for the Southern Pacific influence, I'm not really seeing it, haha. I thought it was more of an Indiana Railroad ripoff on the front with reversed chevrons. I'm still debating whether I should paint the top of the nose white, red, or just leave it black... any input regarding that?

Steve

Lots of aircraft have the area right under the windshield matte black because it doesn't reflect the sun into the pilots' eyes. I'll bet your engineers would be mighty happy if you left their loco hoods black too. ;)

they look nice steve.
On an unrelated note has anyone thought of reskinning a f40PH/ the magicland Cabbage to the new CDTX scheme. (Couple pictures of it over on AMTZ from our California boys)

C&WC was the real railroad, and part of the ACL in later years.

http://hawkinsrails.net/shortlines/cwc/cwc.htm http://railga.com/charlewc.html

The Charleston & Western Carolina Railway was developed to operate two former Central of Georgia lines in South Carolina -- the Port Royal & Augusta and the Port Royal & Western Carolina railroads - after the state of South Carolina forced the CofG to give up its operations in the state. The CWC was immediately taken over by the Atlantic Coast Line the very next year, but the road remained a subsidiary until 1959.

The last railroad to operate that section was the Port Royal RR up until the early 2000s. CSX put the line up forsale in the 1980s after they merged SBD into the system. The PR RR was pretty friendly back in the early 1990s when I was in the Marines there. I took several photos, but unfortunately they were stolen out of my truck with other items back then.

4031.1318430162.jpg

87245383.jpg

The original photo I worked with had thicker yellow stripes, then the other geeps I saw had thinner ones, so I just left them as is. I still have some work to do on the deckplates... they are still blue, but I'll change those. I am waiting for VMD to get back with me on hosting these reskins. So far I have five done. They'll go good on my C&WC Port Royal route I am working on right now.

Dan

I am waiting for VMD to get back with me on hosting these reskins. So far I have five done. They'll go good on my C&WC Port Royal route I am working on right now.

You'll be waiting quite a while. I haven't seen anything posted from them in over a year. Love that ACL purple scheme. Pretty sure I saw something about the C&WC in the SCL modeler magazine once........

Beginners question. How do I add new colors so I can still see the detail of the Locomotive or freight car I'm reskinning?

A reskin of a Swedish Couchette car, SJ BC2k (this one was used in Berlin Night Express Malmö-Berlin until last year, now they're used between Malmö-Stockholm, and Göteborg/Stockholm-Jämtland) :)

jetekol_20130315_0005.jpg

jetekol_20130315_0006.jpg

It's available here: http://www.e-buzz.se/forum/showthread.php?t=32903, but you need to be registred. But trust me - it's totally worth it!! You will find many great Swedish content there.
//Jockes

Back