Show off your reskins!

That really looks awesome Sebashetan!

USLW GP30 models are really nice, but they just don't work in TANE unfortunately and I just don't feel like fixing them up myself. I'm glad you were able to do it though.

re post #9204 DARTrider
Thanks for the compliment DARTrider, any news on PM Re: DropBox SW1, I sent you previous ?
Cheers, evilcrow

re post #9204 DARTrider
Thanks for the compliment DARTrider, any news on PM Re: DropBox SW1, I sent you previous ?
Cheers, evilcrow

Installed with no missing dependencies. I'm waiting a bit before releasing anything just in case I want to get anything else done.

Awesome, Sebashetan! How did you do it? I'm curious because I want to make it myself. Did you use a bump map blank method or something else? I know that CG's GP30's have a blank-able bump map.

Thank you! To start the reskin, I just blanked out the PRR keystone symbols on the PRR version since they've had a very simple paint scheme. That left me with a decent blank skin. I then used colorize and trial and error to paint the green on. The BN symbols are available as a font pack that also includes ATSF and BNSF materials. The safety stripes were the result of rectangle brush strokes on angle, done on a separate layer. Like masking tape. I used the eraser to trim out the excess.

Are you planning to make a BN Whiteface GP30 rebuild?

I can actually do the rebuild part. Check out my GP35 rebuild I did a while ago. It's on TTZ. It's as simple as adding an alpha channel to the main texture file and alpha-ing out the middle fan on the bump map and main texture.

Update, I started the whiteface GP39E rebuild of the GP30. The ARN range of it will be 2750-2758 because those units didn't receive EMD standard spartan cabs when they were rebuilt. That's interesting because all 9 of them were from BN's predecessor roads. All other GP39Es rebuilt from the GP30 seem to have gotten the standard cabs. Those units were formed Norfolk Southern. Most of them were originally Southern High Hood GP30s.

And she's done!

2022-08-27_155902.jpg

Thank you all! In fact I've decided to go back and make some improvements to the ATSF GP30. The Freightbonnet "S" elements are smoother, with the yellow paint removed from the vents. I also desaturated the yellow. The unit looks more realistic overall.

2022-08-27_232628.jpg

¡Buenos tardes, amigos! Este es mi nuevo locomotora, ¡el GE U36C para Ferrocarriles Nacionales de México!
Translation: Good afternoon, friends! This is my newest locomotive, the GE U36C for National Railways of Mexico! I'm a bit rusty with Spanish, so if you want to correct, please do!

2022-08-28-181658.jpg

This is still unfinished. I need to fix some lettering issues and whatnot but it's hopefully being released.

Last edited:
An SD45 for my new fictional, Northwest Rail. Pretty vivid paint job, eh? These SD45's (of which NWR owned 150) were based either in Missoula or in some cases, Yellowknife. The ones at Yellowknife has huge plows, window, seat and mirror heaters to keep the snow off.

2022-08-29-080149.jpg

Back