Show off your reskins!

Allegheny and West Virginia Railroad AC4400CWs 777 and 767
unknown-323.png

My newest kitbash is coming along nicely. Coronet Phosphate no. 9 operating as a "traveling ambassador" for the Strasburg Rail Road. No. 9's purpose will be to provide hired steam excursions around the country to railroads not fortunate enough to have an operational steam locomotive of their own, and will serve as a marketing tool for the railroad's world-renowned mechanical shops as a perfect example of a ground-up restoration to operation.

This is an intense kitbash of Ben Neal's standard-gauge 2-6-0 Mogul. I added the tank, cab, coal bunker, headlight visor, added trailing wheels underneath the new cab, and lowered the boiler on the frame by about 6 inches to really capture that "squat" tank engine look. I had to search for a set of drivers that were the right fit, and on a whim decided to look through German locomotives that came with TS2010. I found a perfect match! Just some retexturing and they were fit for this engine. (Yes, I did make her into a little "mini" no. 90. Even the original number works perfectly, no. 9. If a railroad is going to hire out one of their engines, why not make it resemble their most popular one?)

2020-08-16-032934.jpg

2020-08-16-032934.jpg

Last edited:
br82rTY

First reskins for a fictional (model) railway company. The GMD1 needs some weathering and a new set of sun shades over the cab windows...
GP35: SoCal - thanks for the models and the templates!
GMD1: davesnow - thanks to whamm0 for some help with finding the right textures

br82rTY.jpg

Nice reskins guava. Very reminiscent of a Burlington Northern scheme, only navy blue.

The sunshade colors are most likely in one of the accessory image files. (I don't recall which, but there are only two). Also don't forget to update the cab view models so the in cab view looks like your paint scheme. I got bit by that issue. Luckily those use the same skin, just need to drop those images into that asset as well.

Cheers
Walter

Nice reskins guava. Very reminiscent of a Burlington Northern scheme, only navy blue.

The sunshade colors are most likely in one of the accessory image files. (I don't recall which, but there are only two). Also don't forget to update the cab view models so the in cab view looks like your paint scheme. I got bit by that issue. Luckily those use the same skin, just need to drop those images into that asset as well.

Cheers
Walter
Thanks! Yeah it basically is the BN "White Face" livery in blue.

Thanks for the hint with the sunshades and the cab view. Although the cab view will be last as this is planned for a model railrway style layout.

I made a Tamagotchi E231 Yamanote Line train. This was created using GIMP-2.10.
I just uploaded the content sho it should appear in a while or some days. The only thing i can't upload the consist.
The images are from Tamagotchi Wiki.

Back