Show off your reskins!

I mean, i could be wrong, but it seems more like you're trying to talk down to me. I get it, you're a WAY better reskinner, and i acknowledge that. I'm not very good, all things considered. True, i have insulted people in the past, but i try not to talk down to people because more often than not, i'm less skilled than the person talking to me. I've probably overstepped that boundary before, but at the very least, i try not to do that nowadays.

Thank you for the constructive criticism though, it should come in handy. I've been practicing a lot and i think i'm finally at a point where i can call myself a competent reskinner. Definitely not a great one, that's for sure. Heck, i'd struggle to call myself a "good" reskinner considering most of what i do isn't very intricate or complicated. I work with what skills i have, and more often than not, i think my work is okay. Not amazing, but okay.

I mean, i could be wrong, but it seems more like you're trying to talk down to me. I get it, you're a WAY better reskinner, and i acknowledge that. I'm not very good, all things considered. True, i have insulted people in the past, but i try not to talk down to people because more often than not, i'm less skilled than the person talking to me. I've probably overstepped that boundary before, but at the very least, i try not to do that nowadays.

Thank you for the constructive criticism though, it should come in handy. I've been practicing a lot and i think i'm finally at a point where i can call myself a competent reskinner. Definitely not a great one, that's for sure. Heck, i'd struggle to call myself a "good" reskinner considering most of what i do isn't very intricate or complicated. I work with what skills i have, and more often than not, i think my work is okay. Not amazing, but okay.

I agree with Chris on this one fellas.

d0MXmbq.jpg
8MlbDzW.jpg
WgRiKfI.jpg
Vazy35E.jpg

Last edited:
Eh, take it in whatever direction you wish. Self depreciation in the name of playing the victim in any form doesn't exactly make your comment come off as genuine, particularly when you've very recently overstepped the "boundary" you've seemed to set for yourself. Maybe if you actually changed a bit I'd have more faith, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But after all, this is a reskins thread, isn't it? Here's a reskin, or several. Pending some ARN and mesh modifications currently, hoping to have these and a ton more up in the next release:
(Pictures removed) Nice looking forward to these. It is always great to have more steam/transition era equipment.

Thanks

I just need to be careful I don’t break the upload system this time when Dan puts the assets up, there are definitely quite a few. :hehe:

Finished the Acela Express but there's still some minor details to do but the big part is done:

O9DWAva.png

bv9Vol5.png

a3YMzjL.png

CuhEK3P.png

jBgsBDK.png

XsptuPL.png

24a8ywq.png

IW4JHP6.png

6r5cLzn.png

wtzhvp.jpg

Worked on this new kitbash and reskin of Bdaneal's USRA 4-8-2 this afternoon and into the night. It is a Rio Grande M-64 Class 4-8-4 "Western" locomotive built in 1929 that lasted until the mid 1950's.
The D&RGW liked to call their 4-8-4's "Westerns" instead of "Northerns."

I kitbashed this using parts from other models by Bdaneal; the trailing bogey came from his N&W Class J, and the number boards surrounding the smokestack are from his heavy 4-4-0. The tender is a USRA 2-8-8-2 tender minus the doghouse with bogies from a Class J.

Worked on this new kitbash and reskin of Bdaneal's USRA 4-8-2 this afternoon and into the night. It is a Rio Grande M-64 Class 4-8-4 "Western" locomotive built in 1929 that lasted until the mid 1950's.
The D&RGW liked to call their 4-8-4's "Westerns" instead of "Northerns."

I kitbashed this using parts from other models by Bdaneal; the trailing bogey came from his N&W Class J, and the number boards surrounding the smokestack are from his heavy 4-4-0. The tender is a USRA 2-8-8-2 tender minus the doghouse with bogies from a Class J.

My suggestion is make a reskin of that as SP&S 700

If I had the K&L Payware C&O Kanawha, I could reskin it to make a Virginian Berk. I didn't know that the VGN had Berks of the same specs as the Chessie, NKP, and the Pere Marquette/Polar Express.

The SP&S 700 reskin:

2018-07-12_191732.jpg

2018-07-12_191750.jp

2018-07-12_191750.jp

2018-07-12_191750.jpg

I'm planning on releasing the D&RGW M-64 once I get a few more variants done, but I'm afraid that SP&S 700 will remain a personal reskin because the tender is a payware asset from Jointed Rail. Still, feel free to comment.

Back