Show off your reskins!

I could build a tender for you if you wish to have the SP&S 700's real tender. I've got the correct drawings from the NPRHA.

I'm surprised that you'd actually make an offer to make something for me. I'm good, but still, I'm not going to stop you from making the proper tender for SP&S 700.

I'd actually like a proper tender for SP&S 700. Thanks for the offer. I'll accept. You could also do the engine if you wanted. Still at least, just a new is welcome.

Last edited:
Okay. I had also seen that you were working on an NP A2 a while back, but it didn't work out. It looked pretty good, but I think it was canceled because of issues related to the sourcing of some assets used in the making of the project. Because SP&S 700 resembled the NP A3, you could also make a NP A3 from the same model as SP&S 700.

Last edited:
Were the Great Northern 4-8-4's also the same engines as the NP A3's and SP&S E1's?

The tender was similar, but they weren't all the same
5D3_9976-S.jpg

GNS2_2584Firemanside.JPG

See all the differences?

No, GN were there own design. NP are NP and GN were GN. But SP&S only had three NP Class A3 4-8-4s, but built as oil burners reclassifying them as E1s.

NP A-3.
9f504eae-6e3d-4314-8330-b424846da9e0.jpg

SP&S E1.
4925.PNG

Last edited:
Sussex Rail Revamped

A little excercise in livery evolution yielded this - an updated version of the original Sussex Rail livery produced by WEN, likely to have been applied to class 477s after their mid-life refurb:

Local livery, applied to the 3 car 477/0s with no first class:

Mainline livery, applied to the 477/1s, /2s and /4s that work the principal routes:

Comparison shot showing the similarity - old on left, new on right:

Back