Show off your reskins!

And the NS GP38-2 is finished!

2022-08-11_132437.jpg

Awesome job! Jointed Rail should've made that earlier since they've made the one with the "horse head" and it doesn't really blend in with 80s/90s NS.

Awesome job! Jointed Rail should've made that earlier since they've made the one with the "horse head" and it doesn't really blend in with 80s/90s NS.

Thank you so much! I know, right? That's exactly what they should've done. The GP38-2 was a best-seller and it would've only been appropriate for JR to produce an NS version of their SOU GP38-2. I don't know why they ever made a new NS one. It could've been due to lack of demand or interest in one, but if I can get perms from JR, this reskin would perfectly fill in the gap till they get around to it.

Some new Blood Orange locos I'm working on with the Trainz Build 3.5. The mixture is more or less 60% Orange/ 40% Red. This is of my fictional Class 1 railroad. This is how they look in TS12. First I'll release the "freshly painted versions" which won't have too much soot and grime on those units, then I'll release other more weathered versions.

TY4D1sL.jpg

u6QEG2K.jpg

Last edited:
Some new Blood Orange locos I'm working on with the Trainz Build 3.5. The mixture is more or less 60% Orange/ 40% Red. This is of my fictional Class 1 railroad. This is how they look in TS12. First I'll release the "freshly painted versions" which won't have too much soot and grime on those units, then I'll release other more weathered versions.

TY4D1sL.jpg

u6QEG2K.jpg

Nice Work On Your Reskins!

Nice Work On Your Reskins!

Thanks. I still have some tweaking to do and then we're good to go for the DLS. I already have some locomotives up there but admit I am behind in releasing. I have lots of rolling stock on the DLS so far but also admit that I'm behind in that as well. Can only do so much on my schedule. Sometimes my schedule is good and I go hog wild on my reskins though and spend a lot of hours on assets. Other times are limited however or even other moments where I lack the motivation.

However, watching TRS videos by other users like NBVideos, Jalen Pugh, WIT Simulations or FlameRailzzz helps with the motivation on asset reskinning or route building. So I thank them for their videos and good work on their routes and assets which are inspiring to see. I also thank NBVideos and some of the others for featuring my content on their YouTube channels. I'll eventually do my own videos hopefully soon. Tied down right now and only have time for asset reskinning.

- RR70

Last edited:
Fixed an issue with my U33C. It's done now so I hope the guys at TSB and JR will approve it for release. Would y'all want that?

2022-08-12-185718.jpg

Sure, there is quite a bit of ATSF diesel models yet to have public versions. I'm also waiting for a word from Jointed Rail on permissions to release my reskinned early NS GP38-2.

re post #9183 Piere
Thanks for the compliment Piere. there should be another ex Ben Dorsey on the DLS tomorrow, it won't be functional though. If I use the original script the DLS always rejects it due to
An Error Occured with <kuid:255503:104038> Cash_Mine BRD 3V6
<kuid:255503:104038> : VE197: Syntax error in script 'loadacar.gs' for asset <kuid:255503:104038> "Cash_Mine BRD 3V6"
<kuid:255503:104038> : VE267: loadacar.gs(16) : function GetCompleteIndustryViewDetailsHTMLCode is obsolete in object HTMLWindow.
Having tried to correct by deleting VE267 the HTML appears in Driver mode as a blank black box and as for VE197, well that's just beyond me when it comes to scripts.
As for a route ??, hopefully, it won't be by me, I won't say any more.
Cheers, evilcrow

I figured there needs to be more Reading Northern stuff. Here is my first attempt skinning and uploading an image to the forums!
Reading-Northern-SD50-2-5019.jpg

Back