Page 514 of 515 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515 LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 7720

Thread: Show off your reskins!

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

Quote Originally Posted by john2002 View Post
    you really are the successor to RGCX
    RGCX will always be my hero !
    My RGCX train is 53.24 miles long, and takes 1 hour to pass through town !

My new fictional BN Dash 9 reskins which will be on the DLS soon.

Pennsylvania Northeastern Ex-CN SD40-2Ws 5342 and 5315 (5315 in Fictional Matching Livery)

NS Crescent Cab Equipped C40-8.5W #8500

NS Emissions Test Bed C40-8.5W #8503 (As seen in 2015 with NS center hood)
    Last edited by Railworks3985; December 16th, 2019 at 11:18 PM.
    "Know yourself, only then can you understand the power to bring change, no matter how small, to the world around you"

Last edited by 289v8; December 13th, 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Mopac MW truck modern fleet fictional

Last edited by btvfd; December 15th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
    Owner and operator of the Twin Peaks Timber Company
    If you don’t support logging, then try using plastic toilet paper 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Railworks3985 View Post
    Pennsylvania Northeastern Ex-CN SD40-2Ws 5342 and 5315 (5315 in Fictional Matching Livery)

Oh snap! Had 5342 on my list to do... you've hit the nail on the head with it though! I did 5315 in it's actual (rather sad looking) state. 8212 is not my work.... Both seen here on my in-progress Warminster-Ivyland route.

Last edited by stagecoachdriverdave; December 16th, 2019 at 11:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Railworks3985 View Post

NS Crescent Cab Equipped C40-8.5W #8500

NS Emissions Test Bed C40-8.5W #8503 (As seen in 2015 with NS center hood)
    How did you make the dash 8.5s? by kitbashing because i wanted to know how but dont :/

Time to show off some rack reskins I've been tinkering with in my spare time.

Cotton Belt bi-level with brown panels, many of these ended up like this as they were exposed to the elements.

CNA bi-level with black panels. This is just one of three variants I've noticed with one reference photo even carrying the GTW logo on the placard.

Florida East Coast bi-level with yellowish-orange panels. FEC had many partially enclosed racks with white, steel, or yellow paneling with different coloring.

Now for some tri-levels. First up is a former Rock Island car with patching done by GTW after these cars were bought after the shutdown.

A Southern tri-level with post-merger touchups. White panels that match the placard and shortened reporting marks.

Finally, a Norfolk & Western rack in the second variation of the Claytor paint with the road name stacked on a single placard as a interim before the NS logo was widely applied to freight cars.
    Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61-R0GX

cue john2002. nice skins mbv, I really enjoy the older rack cars

Here we have Snowdon and Padarn, two of the SMR steamers. You can find them here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/82ps62..._Pack.zip/file
    They are a reskin of the SI3D Culdee and Lord Harry, and the file includes all items not on the DLS or built-in. Enjoy!

Andrew
    We have technology.

​Patrick Star

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mbv67 View Post
    Time to show off some rack reskins I've been tinkering with in my spare time.

Cotton Belt bi-level with brown panels, many of these ended up like this as they were exposed to the elements.

CNA bi-level with black panels. This is just one of three variants I've noticed with one reference photo even carrying the GTW logo on the placard.

Florida East Coast bi-level with yellowish-orange panels. FEC had many partially enclosed racks with white, steel, or yellow paneling with different coloring.

Now for some tri-levels. First up is a former Rock Island car with patching done by GTW after these cars were bought after the shutdown.

A Southern tri-level with post-merger touchups. White panels that match the placard and shortened reporting marks.

Finally, a Norfolk & Western rack in the second variation of the Claytor paint with the road name stacked on a single placard as a interim before the NS logo was widely applied to freight cars.
    amazing. I saw you have more skins you did like a BN ex. SLSF enclosed autorack.

I imagine you uploading those to the DLS and making more autoracks like those W&K safety pak autoracks from the 70's like from UP, CRR, ATSF, SSW, and CPAA, a C&EI buzzsaw enclosed autorack, a Conrail enclosed autorack with a yellow TTGX flat since Majekear's has a brown flat, a Conrail enclosed autorack with a Trailer Train flatcar, a yellow CP Rail enclosed autorack, a CN RAIL enclosed autorack, those aforementioned FEC and CN partially enclosed autorack variants, Conrail partially enclosed autoracks, GTW enclosed autoracks with a small noodle logo on the ends in both blue and yellow, etc.

have you done alot of research on autoracks?
    1970's Fan

Blog Entries

@john2002

I have done a lot of research on racks, been kind of a personal mission to learn as much about them over the past two and a half years. It turns out there are a lot more variants out there that haven't been made and the main issue is because there isn't a ton of information out there about them much less photos or diagrams. I could count at least 2 dozen variations as the flatcars and rack designs were changed around from the 1960s to the early 1990s. For starters there are more TTX designations for racks than just ETTX (fully enclosed tri-level) and TTGX (fully enclosed bi-level).

Ekankal did a reskin of majekear's enclosed rack in the style of a rebuilt CPAA Safe-Pak but unfortunately I don't know how to do a reskin like that with photo textures. For the stuff I have personally skinned I would need permission before uploading to the DLS.
    Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61-R0GX

Last edited by 289v8; December 31st, 2019 at 10:00 PM.