nice skins everyone!

fictional leaser sd45 that's seen some things
still needs more underframe/pilot/other places weathering

2021-11-30_173715.jpg

2021-11-30_173840.jpg

2021-11-30_174206.jpg

Since I've been on an F-unit kick...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

They're not perfect. The front stripes are supposed to extend up just past the headlight, but some wacky mapping on the top of the nose made that near-impossible. But who's going to notice little details like that when these engines are plowing through the wall of Union Station? Not the time to be counting rivets...

Matt

Last edited:
PRR early diesels...

mRkUmZf.jpg

To get a non-trainphone RS1, the NH model was used. Research showed that 1948 built 5906 had no trainphone, but did have a steam generator. The textures from the JR PRR RS1 fit about 85%. Details had to be made manually. Solid bearing trucks also from the PRR model. Not perfect in every detail, perhaps, but still seems convincing. Also, the bump textures were toned down some to reduce the objectionable moiré patterns from the running boards and louvers.
The Baldwin AS-16 is a Trainz Forge model. AFAIK, PRR did not operate the AS-16, but Reading-Seashore did, and the color seems right. Letters and numbers were made from pirated K&L decapod decals. Again not a true PRR engine, but at least looks the part for me anyway.

smyers

Last edited:
Back