United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

ermm that's a P32, not a P42.

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

A few of my very basic re-skins, inspired by Scratchy's incredible Eagle River route and some great subjects from the people at Trainz Forge and The back Shops.

Cheers,
    Piere.
    Last edited by Piere; October 19th, 2018 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
    ermm that's a P32, not a P42.

peter

Sorry for the late response to this. Yes, it is a P32, but I did some changes in the skin to make it look somewhat more like a P42. It's like making an older Dash 9 ("old school NS37" style) model have C30-7 trucks and calling it a "Dash 8" which is just a simple, somewhat inaccurate modification. Too bad trw1089 didn't make an accurate P42 model, but that however doesn't stop me and several other people from making P40/P42 reskins for the DLS and a few other sites. Not only this unrealistic practice has been done in the train sim community, but also in the model railroad industry and some manufacturers have done this many times before with some of their models. If I would've used a British Class 43 HST instead of a P32 and call it a "P42", then there would be a problem with it.
    Last edited by Trainmaster189; October 19th, 2018 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smyers View Post
    I've also re-lettered the mallet and no. 26 for my freelanced road and both required minimal effort. They look great. I wonder if there's a compatible coal tender for them. I can rationalize oil but would go with coal if one were out there somewhere.
    The mallet at least will eventually get coal versions as I expand our logging mallet fleet. The 26 might not, but similar (slightly smaller) coal-fired versions will be happening eventually. 26 was one of the larger moguls ALCo built, but I intend to make a similar (somewhat smaller) Green Bay & Western locomotive at some point.

@Piere - If you want that 0-6-0ST to work with the rest of our planned Eagle River projects, you may consider renumbering it as #3. It looks quite good. To go further with those skins, you may want to use a black tarred roof with caboose 15, and run with more of a straw-yellow on caboose 17 if you want to keep it that shade. It'd be a better idea to have both cabooses follow the same paint scheme, in my opinion.
    Last edited by trainboi1; October 19th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

Simple reskin,but the locomotive has been converted to a scenery object,once converted then added the bogeys back from the original locomotive,then with some simple modifications in GIMP,got it all rusty looking,then cloned the bogeys,then reskined the bogeys so that they were all rusty to (Most of it anyways.),and removed the mesh for the shadow plain,now the locomotive will look good in ether a scrapyard or sitting out in the countryside by some railway tracks,forgotten,like it is in the images above. I don't know why the driving rods on the driving wheels will not show up right though...
    Trial and error. That is the best way to learn for the most part.

Many thanks, trainboi1. The engines are great and see much use over here. The mogul is indeed a brute for it's wheel arrangement.

Looking forward to your projects.

Best,
    smyers

Love all the repaints guys and gals
    Last edited by btvfd; October 20th, 2018 at 02:53 AM.
    Sunland Prime Mover Works (SPMW)
    BETA TESTING
    Repainting America one piece of equipment at a time

Thanks for the comments Trainboi1. At this stage of my skills, I'm just happy if I don't end up completely ruining the look of it (after cloning it of course).

Thanks for the tips re: colours. I do like to have a little bit of variety of colour on my "go-to" layouts and stock (and I don't have a great deal of prototypical knowledge either) but I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks for all the great stuff that you've all been puting out for us too.

Cheers,
    Piere.

Smyers, Ohh how I hope some of your work becomes available somewhere someday. Your scenes are absolute works of art, every time.

Cheers,
    Piere.

I hope some of your work becomes available somewhere someday. Your scenes are absolute works of art, every time.
    Many thanks, Piere. That's very kind and much appreciated. Someday, I hope. It's just the kuid madness that's intimidating. Even my little N&NS has 800 or so dependencies. I didn't know better so I just used anything that looked right. Either way, Piere, I'll let you know what's happening. At least I've used no payware!

Best,
    smyers

Eagle River RR MP15DC. Original mesh by Crazytrain.

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

Having a little fun...

~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Blog Entries

Today's works...

BNSF GEVO's in the H2 scheme:
    ES44DC 7650-7743
    ES44AC (Pre-Production, designated as AC4400CW) 5718-5747

Modern UP GEVOs in both the 7XXX-8XXX and 24XX-25XX number ranges.

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by epa View Post
    Today's works...

Matt
    Wow. Super resolution on the locos and the surrounding environment. Which version of Trainz is this? Is it T:ANE, or is it an even newer version of Trainz?
    Railroading is a separate entity from everything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Railroader1970 View Post
    Wow. Super resolution on the locos and the surrounding environment. Which version of Trainz is this? Is it T:ANE, or is it an even newer version of Trainz?

Thanks, this is TANE.

Matt
    Intel Core i7-7700K 4.20 GHz
    PNY GTX 1070 8GB Overclocked GPU
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    275 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD + 500 GB HDD