Show off your reskins!

Sporbust has left the community and has been out of contact for awhile now.

I was trying to make davesnow's Seaboard System U18B more accurate by using the appropriate trucks (sorry, n8phu), and I discovered that some of their U18B's actually came with FB2 trucks. I found that the best match was the trucks of SPORBUST's CSX Dash 8-40B. So I replaced the AAR trucks with the FB2 trucks. When I started up Trainz, I discovered that the FB2 trucks looked like they have been pushed up into the frame of the U18B's. To prevent anything from the CSX Dash 8-40B's, I cloned the trucks and then adjusted the heights of the U18B and the FB2 trucks until the trucks touched the rails. I would like to know if you will allow me to release my U18B's with the modified FB2 trucks.

02fee0cb3dba4ec6819631e39306dea9.jpg

British Rail Lynton & Barnstaple NG 2-6-2.

btvfd_20141130_0003_zps2dd2bb5c.jpg
btvfd_20141130_0004_zpsd01bead7.jpg
btvfd_20141130_0002_zps09bfbfac.jpg
btvfd_20141130_0000_zpsfba1dc2d.jpg

REPAINT nightmare, nothing is where it should be on the original paint map but I did get these to come out pretty good so far. Original car graphics completely redone, they are not accurate but it's a start with fictional paint jobs.

Last edited:
I was trying to make davesnow's Seaboard System U18B more accurate by using the appropriate trucks (sorry, n8phu), and I discovered that some of their U18B's actually came with FB2 trucks. I found that the best match was the trucks of SPORBUST's CSX Dash 8-40B. So I replaced the AAR trucks with the FB2 trucks. When I started up Trainz, I discovered that the FB2 trucks looked like they have been pushed up into the frame of the U18B's. To prevent anything from the CSX Dash 8-40B's, I cloned the trucks and then adjusted the heights of the U18B and the FB2 trucks until the trucks touched the rails. I would like to know if you will allow me to release my U18B's with the modified FB2 trucks.

The FB-2 trucks are reskinnable as per SPorBUST's original EULA (located in the config file), as for releasing the Unit itself, you will have to contact Dave Snow himself for that.

REPAINT nightmare, nothing is where it should be on the original paint map but I did get these to come out pretty good so far. Original car graphics completely redone, they are not accurate but it's a start with fictional paint jobs.

I hate to say it your right that project was scrapped this was 2 years ago and I haven't bothed looking at the ugly thing agen ( these units wore hated in the real would ).
Woulds worst locos ever built. If I knew now what I didn't know then they would have never been built or made differently hard to say no to ppl who need some help.

ab241cbcfe15fdd7fb77b64b05ad4613.png

Though I seriously dislike the FEC's 2/3rd gevo's, I made them purely out of boredom. Yes, I live along the FEC, no I have not seen them. I refuse to see them. Also, 801 and 802 are on lead of a train today and CITX 140-142 are GONE. :(

Though I seriously dislike the FEC's 2/3rd gevo's, I made them purely out of boredom. Yes, I live along the FEC, no I have not seen them. I refuse to see them. Also, 801 and 802 are on lead of a train today and CITX 140-142 are GONE. :(

I'm definitely sad to see the 70s go (and the champion 40s for that matter too)! Although I've enjoyed a few pics of the new GEVOs in transit, I'm already tired of them. I'll certainly be losing interest in the FEC in the future. I'm curious as to where the SD70M-2's will end up now... It'd certainly be nice to see a regional pick them up! Who owns FEC 100-107?

I dunno about yall but I love the new FEC gevos. They look real nice in the old Champion scheme. Nice job Vinnie.

it is sooooo, great paints! the difference between mine and yours is mine can be sold. :p
Quite honestly, I don't believe in payware personally. If it works for you though, I don't got a problem with that. I just couldn't stand getting peoples money for something virtual. I do free stuff if anything. But then again, I don't release much. Also, just a quick thing, if you want to closely match the FEC units in real life, I could get the correct color codes from the FECR Speedway Mag. It's the color code that the railroad uses. Anyways, other than that, awesome skins man ;)

I'm definitely sad to see the 70s go (and the champion 40s for that matter too)! Although I've enjoyed a few pics of the new GEVOs in transit, I'm already tired of them. I'll certainly be losing interest in the FEC in the future. I'm curious as to where the SD70M-2's will end up now... It'd certainly be nice to see a regional pick them up! Who owns FEC 100-107?
I don't know who owns them, though I do have my own theories. Then again, I could just be a mad scientist.

Saw Zelda's Trainz launcher, wished I had my own, then remembered a certain tutorial from one Mr. Euphod, and then THIS was born:

I would like to share it with those who would want it, but I'm not sure if there are any restrictions on doing so. If an N3V employee would care to comment, I would be grateful.

Back