Show off your reskins!

Sorry for double post but I made another MRLX reskin.
Screen%20Shot%202015-08-12%20at%207.02.36%20PM_zpststn3apr.png

I love the way the patching turned out, I think this loco would look great with some strobe lights hastily attached. Also this loco has a peach-colored cab door on the back, to represent a faded white replacement door. I would have another pic but a lot of my pics end up as solid black pictures. I have no idea why this is happening but it's really annoying. It seems like my computer is waging war on me. It changes the quotes in config files when I edit an entry, it blacks out pictures, and now it's refusing to automatically open the editing folder. I have to open an asset for editing then manually find the folder.

Last edited:
That's really neat! I love the emergency light and cab roof. It's reminiscent of a Fairbanks-Morse.

It reminded me a bit of this thing.
3611.1413937130.jpg

Her crankshaft is all kinds of torn up, but she does make a great display and a mighty good place to sit and rest between trains. The Motive Power unit's body style resembles it a bit I think.

Well with the announcement of the purchase of the EX-FEC SD70M-s for VTR/VRS and the retirement of thier GP40 fleet and giving up of leaser locomotives. Here is some reskins of the Jointed Rail FEC SD70M-2

<snip>

Where'd you find the drawing of the SD70M-2?

Got this done last night, FEC ES44C4 #804.
The yellow could be a tad more yellowy, but I like it. I'm really digging how everyone is doing FEC stuff. SD40's are on the return as 714 and 720 just stepped back into service after being on lease to CSX for the past 8 months. They'll be running work trains for AAF out of West Palm Beach first. Then working thier way south. It will be a regular job, so single SD40's with ballast cars won't exactly be ficticious. I went near WPB yard personally and saw a crap load of ballast (20-30 cars), a bunch of boxes of nails and what have you and countless pallets of ties. FEC forever! Great reskins guys! P.S. I'll be getting in a gevo soon, and legally. I'll try to take pics of the interiors and upload them if anyone wanted to do an uber-prototypical unit. Also, this morning, me and a few friends were screwing around with the Port of Palm beach GP38 (Ex-RTEX). Enough of the me crap. I don't know if my friend got pictures, but he got video. I'd be more than willing to help anyone if they wanted to do a super-proto unit.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments guys, I'll try to have it (including a second a and a B unit) done this weekend for upload to the Project Western site. I WILL be continuing with all the NP F7 schemes in the future because of the joy I've had making this early one.

Cheers
Tim

EDIT:

Update
NPF7as.jpg

Now the A units are done, I'm gonna need to know what font (or similar) NP used on the B units: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1206101

I'd love to see some Loewy Two tone green F7s.

Back