Show off your reskins!

German 750mm (approx 30in) HF110C

750mm-GF110-DR-DB-99-4651%2C-4652%2C-4653.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Here is a scene that is hardly seen on railroads of today, a 2-6-2 prairie engine taking water and coal, except for my railroad and others that sill rely on steam, this is a chilling reminder of an era that had long since gone but is not forgotten.

A locomotive Heritage I'm working for my fictional Class 1 Railway, known as OGH (Objective Global Heritage) which is going back to its roots by reviving the CCR name it had from 1888 to 1970. I may or may not choose this Phase II heritage as a full time paintscheme in 2023. We'll see. I have some other fictional RR companies I'm working on that are Class 2 companies. The loco model in these pics will be released in 2023 onto the DLS once I work on the door spaces and hinges that are covered by the stencils. This is how these locos appear in my TS12.

i0jyGrv.jpeg

6mlYjWG.jpeg

Last edited:
Y&GSL Rwy RS18u I've created. New fictional alert!

QUOTE]

Looks cool DARTrider. I have a fictional Class 1 railroad with some assets on the DLS (more coming with additional texturing). Feel free to check them out on the DLS if you want. My author name is Railroader1970.

Peace. ✌️

- RR70

I would like some feedback on this repaint of Dave Snow's GP38-2. The Belt Railway of Chicago ran a number of these, with a total of 14 on the roster. Here is #584 as well as a shot of the original. I can't quite get the gray to darken correctly as well as the orange stripe comes out too yellow. There are several discrepancies between the two, but mostly due to the availability of the GP 38-2 versions in the game.

Belt-Railway-of-Chicago-584.jpg

Belt-Railway-of-Chicago-2.jpg

I would like some feedback on this repaint of Dave Snow's GP38-2. The Belt Railway of Chicago ran a number of these, with a total of 14 on the roster. Here is #584 as well as a shot of the original. I can't quite get the gray to darken correctly as well as the orange stripe comes out too yellow. There are several discrepancies between the two, but mostly due to the availability of the GP 38-2 versions in the game.

Looks really good. A very close match IMO. Great detail in the logo. The horizontal striping on your version looks more sleek and sharper than the actual locomotive.

- RR70

Looks really good. A very close match IMO. Great detail in the logo. The horizontal striping on your version looks more sleek and sharper than the actual locomotive.

- RR70
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. The logo detail comes from taking it directly off of the Belt Railway of Chicago website.

Looks good Jeff. My two cents for what its worth:
- The lines on either end are close to the original but they appear to get cut off at a slightly steeper angle in the real Loco. They also appear shorter where they do get cut off/end.
- if you want to add the Beacon and the air conditioner (?) on the cab roof, you can try using attachment maker (see https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Trainz_Tools_by_PEV) I have used it for this. It takes a little bit to set it up (need to edit the asset config and add coordinates as well as the invisible mesh it creates)
- The colors as you mentioned. For that you would just need to toy around with various colors in your graphics program. To speed up the back and forth between color changes and viewing the model I recommend using another tool named, 'Trainz Mesh Viewer' (found on that same page above). It let's you see the mesh outside of trainz which saves the load times it has.

Excellent work overall. Good luck.

Cheers
Walter

Walter, I make extensive use of the Trainz Mesh Viewer. I think without it, reskinning would be very tedious. As far as the attachment maker, I haven't had much success with it. So sometimes, good enough is good enough.

Walter, I make extensive use of the Trainz Mesh Viewer. I think without it, reskinning would be very tedious. As far as the attachment maker, I haven't had much success with it. So sometimes, good enough is good enough.

I think, for me, Pev's Asset-X would be the best tool for re-skinning. Besides being able to view the mesh(s), you are able to view just where each texture map is used on the mesh. Also the re-skinner is able to edit add-on attachments in real time.

Just my 2 cents,
John

What if the Chicago Central and Pacific Railroad had survived until today? Here's a couple of locomotives from the new Chicago Central. A GP40-2w, formerly a CN locomotive. An SD-70ACe, formerly a BNSF.

Chicago-Central-GP-40-2w.jpg

Chicago-Central-SD-70ACe.jpg

Back