Show off your reskins!

TrainzPlayer14: Nice work, you seem to have talent for this :).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

b43ea064f50cfe9a0398125fb956c7a1.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Erik, absolutely legendary work on that GP15. I appreciate the compliment - I am no where near at the level of the real re-skinners out there, like yourself. I am a novice, pretty new to this. :)

@Trainz_12_fan_100 I can certainly try to adapt this to a MILW scheme - the trouble is I can't find the fonts needed that give proper licensing to use them, but don't worry, it's on my list.

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

Graphics still need touch ups
Adc6C-7oRu_9_Wff9UEOXw.png

BFI Waste Services

kFHDIKCnSDemrs_wEAj6Ew.png

City of Los Angeles Sanitation Department

rea3lqljT9qxgpMnltFk6g.png

One version of Waste Management

FGz5eF6DQZOUZG8rATrf1w.png

Last edited:
Erik, absolutely legendary work on that GP15. I appreciate the compliment - I am no where near at the level of the real re-skinners out there, like yourself. I am a novice, pretty new to this. :)

@Trainz_12_fan_100 I can certainly try to adapt this to a MILW scheme - the trouble is I can't find the fonts needed that give proper licensing to use them, but don't worry, it's on my list.

Cheers,
TrainzPlayer14

I maintain a listing of railroad fonts here. I don't have Milwaukee yet, but you can request it (thru the form provided)

peter

You'll be hard pressed to find proper fonts for MILW, they used half a dozen different ones - two of which are $15 a piece on Railfonts.com linked above and no free alternatives... The font I used on my SW1200 with full MILW lettering was Franklin Gothic Thin, which seemed to match up fairly well. I believe that's the one you'd be looking for?
Speaking of MILW, here's a non-weathered F7 in the 'freight' scheme.

xtp26ff.png

Gonna run this thing through the mud and the sun, give it a proper Milwaukee Road look! I'll probably have to throw some MILW lettering on the sides of this as well as another alt skin - their F units were pretty varied.

Cheers,
SM

Thanks everyone, I will check it out. The BNSF #3702 is near completion:

Also, I added Blomberg trucks, are they accurate? Based on what few reference photos I could find of the 3702...

I'd like recommendations on horns as well, I know they used some kind of Leslie or something.

Last edited:
I don't think that a Train can be truly described as being "Sexy", unless one can possibly get physically attracted and "Exited" over seeing a loco ... But this loco pretty darn close ... "Orgasmic" would be going totally overboard, as that term is usually reserved for Capitol Grill-Shrimp Calamari

Thanks everyone, I will check it out. The BNSF #3702 is near completion:

Only thing is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to paint the parts within the red circles black, any help would be appreciated.

And paint this part yellow...

Also, I added Blomberg trucks, are they accurate? Based on what few reference photos I could find of the 3702...

I'd like recommendations on horns as well, I know they used some kind of Leslie or something.

Ditch Lights would make it a winner!

John

Ditch Lights would make it a winner!

John

It certainly would, but it's a freeware model with a good re-skin kit, can't have everything.

Also, ignore what I said last post, I figured everything out since then

It's done, and I also re-skinned the interior as well. Have sent MSP a PM, awaiting reply, then I will post in an announcement thread.

Last edited:
This is a short story how the Levi & Appalachian got there new Russian decapods. Besides every reskin should have a story behind it :cool:

Among many of the rail fans the L&A was nicknamed "literally anything" because of the different types of locomotives that can be spotted on this railroad that they picked up over time from mergers, scrapped, wrecked, and of course used locomotives. With this appetite for used equipment it was really special to the L&A to finally buy new locomotives. Besides this the robber barons of the time conspired to keep smaller railroads from getting new equipment there by trying to squeeze out these smaller lines. This is how the L&A came to be a railroad known for used equipment and literally anything.

Not long after the first order of Russian decapods were completed world events led to the stranding of these locomotives here on US soil. The first thing that happened was that the czar was embroiled in a civil war and not able to import the locomotives. Next after the unexpected victory of the USA in the Spanish-American War and both Cuba and the Philippines became US states the British Empire became concerned with the growth of the United States in both military and economic power. The Empire then decided to ignore the Monroe Doctrine and started militarizing Canada and arming Mexico in an attempt to squeeze the United States. An imminent blockade also prevented the Russian decapods from being shipped overseas.

With this huge glut of locomotives hitting the market at the same time the L&A and a saw their golden opportunity to increase the fleet with these new locomotives which would be perfect for their branch line services and of course at a price that just could not be ignored.

Below you will see one of 35 new locomotives the crew is happily operating now.

e9ed3c6254b06e45615e50600292461b.jpg

51aa27d09e555ee369aea3aa77f05af8.jpg

Dave

Back