Show off your reskins!

Any correction/ suggestion?

~ snippies ~

Some constructive criticism, the yellow on the first two looks way too bright. The third is just about perfect. It's awesome to see someone finally making some DM&E content for Trainz.
----------------------------
I haven't done much reskinning lately, but just to show I'm not dead, here's something I did some time back. A fictional railroad using a stolen paint scheme. You'll notice some pixellation in the shadow and somewhat unconvincing lighting and graphical effects. This was before I put my GTX 1070 in.

Matt

Seeing as it has turned snowy, the Gurtantown Central is operating their annual THE POLAR EXPRESS (TM) this year with their newly rebuilt F38-2HEPs (former F40s) and a cut of lightweight coaches, plus the newly rebuilt observation car, part of the rebuild programme for the old heavyweight coaches. The ride goes about 11 miles (5.6 each way) to a snowy field by the lake, where children get to see Father Christmas and the "North Pole".

6408f0d51c72057cd7f987fbf007ce0a.png

a258d56678c2a35748e1c0118f558a2c.png

Saturnr
Where did you get the INRD F40PH?

Here's my somewhat interesting reskin projects I've made. Note the Pittsburgh Steelers Dash 8 reskin is based on one from MTH O gauge train set I got years ago when I was into sports. Some of these reskins are just simple changes on existing reskins, but I hope you guys like these.

38479198424_7709d251db_o.jpg
[/URL]OBB 1044 (New Logo) - Trainz by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198574_6f38c01e13_o.jpg
[/URL]NS Dash 9 9029 reskin by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198654_2a780e096a_o.jpg
[/URL]LMS AC4400 760 reskin by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198724_af623f7dd8_o.jpg
[/URL]DB BR 143 mint-green reskin (fictional) by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198814_ab6113e0f1_o.jpg
[/URL]Reuschling V200 reskin (trainz) by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198934_8746f66cb4_o.jpg
[/URL]Amtrak ACS-64 Taurus reskin (Trainz) by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]
38479198354_8c83cb964e_o.jpg
[/URL]Pittsburgh Steelers Dash 8 (Trainz) by Owen Concorde, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
I've been working on a close-but-not-quite Burlington Northern EMD F7. It's been coming along pretty good, but as I near the finish line, I realize I need to tweak the shade of green I'm using before I lightly weather it. I lined up every Burlington Northern loco I have next to it, and the color I have is horrendous. Not to mention the 'pallet' of supposed-to-be Burlington Northern green is all over the place, not just here but in every photo of the real thing I see it seems like someone used a different color. It doesn't help that some of them are sun baked, others are dirty, and others are dirty and sun baked. I guess pick one and go for it?

Here's what I have so far. Please remember it's not finished, and that it isn't meant to be a 1:1 clone of the real thing. This model isn't mapped right for BN's F7 artwork.

MGXPcDeh.jpg

Few Virginian skins I quick whipped up

Best I could do with the H-16-44 (background), the model is very old. Then a USRA 0-8-0 (foreground) in Rogers Yard

Not meant to be ultra realistic, just operational purposes

Not to mention the 'pallet' of supposed-to-be Burlington Northern green is all over the place, not just here but in every photo of the real thing I see it seems like someone used a different color. It doesn't help that some of them are sun baked, others are dirty, and others are dirty and sun baked. I guess pick one and go for it?

My daily struggle skinning anything Milwaukee Road! They come in so many flavours.. the way I'm doing my skins is save a base model with 1 solid colour I like, then modify and export different colours to different skins/versions (whatever the item in game uses, gecko skin changers or just a separate object, etc) with their various amounts of weathering. It seems to work reasonably well! Looks like you've got a solid base on your F7 now, definitely darken it up some until you get a final base colour ya like. Good luck!

Cheers,
SM

My concept scheme for Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern locomotive no. 4 (currently sitting in pieces in the Kempton yard).

oytOaKl.jpg

And a Buffalo, Cattaraugus & Jamestown Scenic RR excursion train (headed by BC&J (presently owned by Buffalo Southern) no. 2010 in an Erie-esque scheme to math the BC&J consist.

x3zxu8j.jpg

And finally a shot of Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe no. 5000 simmering away and facing the museum turntable on a rare day of being "steamed up". All pictures taken at my rendition of the future Heritage DiscoveRY Center and Steel Plant Museum in Buffalo, New York.

QINspWl.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot n8phu. I managed to snag a nice green out of #668. Is it just me or does #626 have a two-tone effect? Looks nice.

Here's the RGB value I picked if anyone wants it for their projects. R: 25 G:79 B:45

8Y19plL.png

Look what Tigerko15 released today!
43812687357af02487f84335eb1a2ced.jpg

This was loosely based on what would've happened if the Smithsonian Railroad Museum let the Southern operate 1401 for the steam program

Thanks for the screenshot n8phu. I managed to snag a nice green out of #668. Is it just me or does #626 have a two-tone effect? Looks nice.

Here's the RGB value I picked if anyone wants it for their projects. R: 25 G:79 B:45

<awesome pic removed>

That's a *very* *good* green. Thanks for sharing.

:wave:

Back