Show off your reskins!

trainzmesh is the 3d model files, when reskining, you shouldn't need to modify them. The texture files are all the same format, unless it's built-in or payware DLC.

peter

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

True that, but I took the RI F7A from TrainzDivide and skinned it up to look more like the prototype. If I were a bit more advanced I'd use the new F's but that probably won't happen for a while. I just need to get a bit better.
It went from this:
1446234.jpg

To this:
2021-08-01-170831.jpg

Edit: I looked at the TrainzForge F7A files, and nothing makes sense. They're all .trainzmesh files which can't be opened with anything I have on my computer. So even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be reskinning them. Is there a way around that?

i dont see them at trainz divideget a 404 error on the locomtives

I don't see a single file inside those F's that aren't .tga's except for files I don't need to reskin!
You need to reskin "fmain.m.pbrmetal_basecolor.png"
This file is the main texture for the locomotive. in most assets with PBR, the main texture files are called "basecolor"

Hockey sticks for a shortline, anyone?

eGXeJFS.jpg

aXqOCz8.jpg

the black is too low for a proper BN loco (since I reskinned it from someone's beautiful Milwaukee SDL39) but it's good enough for this little shortline. Felt like the regular BN nose chevrons fit better as well.

Last edited:
Beautiful, looks great. I have the SDL39's in MILW paint as well. Took the horn and slapped it on an ATSF SD45-2 and SD40-2 because of the name "ATSF RS3L." Keep it up!

New reskin, UP C40-8 with wings and weathering, reskinned from the CITX C40-8 on the JR club car page. It's almost like the railroad bought the C40-8's back from CITX and repainted them.

2021-08-04-090639.jpg

Last edited:
Love the c40-8 looks great try reskinning a bnsf ex bn sd40-2 tiger stripe and a regular bn logo on nose that’s what trainz is missing is old bnsf locos

Love the c40-8 looks great try reskinning a bnsf ex bn sd40-2 tiger stripe and a regular bn logo on nose that’s what trainz is missing is old bnsf locos

Thanks for the comment about the C40-8. Problem is, visibility stripes and such are hard for me since I'm just a novice. I CAN however make some patched-out stuff, like my BNSF GP35 I created earlier.
You can check that out (and download it) at my site, Timetable Trainz

Last edited:
If you use gimp just go to the top and zoom in further n use rectangle select and use paint brush that’s a big circle and pain them that way that’s wat I did on my up reskins try a patch bnsf sd40 I tried but failed

If you use gimp just go to the top and zoom in further n use rectangle select and use paint brush that’s a big circle and pain them that way that’s wat I did on my up reskins try a patch bnsf sd40 I tried but failed

Patching is pretty trivial. Just select a color on the model, brighten it a bit and then use the rectangle tool over the side BN logos and such.

SSW GP40-2 with prototypical ARN, hornsounds and enginesounds. SP GP40-2 in speed lettering as well.

2021-08-05-085730.jpg

Last edited:
Back