Show off your reskins!

After few day works I finished one, in three part, train set in old Yugoslav livery ...

N08Y54C.jpg

zDb7Kh2.jpg

Z6xU9K9.jpg

vQFVLCc.jpg

srWMAxo.jpg

1525910452.jpg
&
2433616495.png

some reskins for a fictional commuter railroad in and around Elmore CA
slenderman8888_20180309_0000.jpg

we got a 3000 series cab control car (shoreliner I cab car reskin)
2 NJT comet I's with the NJT branding patched over after being purchased by the ETA (Elmore Transportation Authority)
an HHP-8 purchased from amtrak after amtrak retired their fleet and sold them
remember this is fictional

Question for the group. Below is pic of 3 boxcars. The one on the far left was the original. The next two are my "basic" reskins with altered color and running numbers. I just want to make several versions of the same car with different numbers on non auto-numbering enabled models. I use paint.net (cheap since it's free) to make those changes but how do I make new numbers from the same type of font style to add different numbers then the one my base model has ? Basically I copy/paste the digits after repainting over the base model area where they are applied to. An example would be, how do I make the number "324007" since there is no "7" to copy ? Any help appreciated.

nn7pKxl.jpg

newreply.php

Last edited:
Your best bet would be to try and find a close-matching font, if not the exact one if you're lucky, and match up sizing, kerning, and colour (the latter of which is certainly the easiest!). Covering up the original lettering would be best done with some clone-stamping tools, though I'm not sure P.NET has that as I'm not familiar enough with the program. If it doesn't, I'm sure adequate paint application would serve you well. I might also recommend downloading GIMP if you're up for it - an easier, free, more basic version of Photoshop with more functionality than P.NET.

As for finding a matching font, I would suggest either A) using a font identifier website (easily found on Google). They're not always reliable but they can get you some close and useful stuff, nonetheless. As well as B), www.railsimstuff.com - this site has a lot of railroad related fonts and I'd recommend checking them all out. Many of which could be useful either now or later on down the road.

Good luck!

Cheers,
SM

Back