Show off your reskins!

Now thats what Im talking about CB&Q. :) Well done Speedbump. :)
That one took me 2 full days plus this morning to get it "just Right" and capture the spirit of the CB&Q. I wanted to capture the spirit of all four predecessors of the original Burlington Northern Railroad that I grew up with. I was born and raised in Bellingham,WA USA, and I lived two blocks from the BNSF Bellingham Yard. I am old enough to remember the GN and NP EMD F7A's and B's painted in the new BN Evergreen. BNSF will always be my favorite because that is what I grew up with and I wanted to pay homage.

Below is the Canadian Pacific D10 #999 (4-6-0) with white lettered unstripped lettering, both are K&L Trainz.
adaecf40612d5d95ccaab23227482a92.png

Below is another shot of 999, showing the front
502d3a097f287d4e99b8755747cbec8f.png

Enjoy, I will post the 492 tenders later.

Wow, that 999 looks nice! :)
I'm glad you like her, I wish you could hear the whistles I have on the 999 and 492, but this isn't show of your sound clips.

61667a14dfaa4830e3e4b78b447c084d.png

The Back end of 999 and the CPR 3 Door Bagge Car (Reskinned from K&L Trainz ACE 614T Tool Car)
Saturnr

Last edited:
Here are some shots of the D4g 492 (4-6-0) with the different tenders I made.
32fb21c261046f6737b21c4ac34bda78.png

This is with a single white stripe along the bottom (current)
bfb62e9890f8df29a426ddfd06b0243f.png

This is the unlined version (as seen in the late 1990s and early 2000s)
be4ec96de0bfb4deb360a2c9569ddaa3.png

And finally, my favorite, as seen during the twilight of CP Steam, gold lettering and gold pin striping.

Saturnr
Jacob

Here are some shots of the D4g 492 (4-6-0) with the different tenders I made.
32fb21c261046f6737b21c4ac34bda78.png

This is with a single white stripe along the bottom (current)
bfb62e9890f8df29a426ddfd06b0243f.png

This is the unlined version (as seen in the late 1990s and early 2000s)
be4ec96de0bfb4deb360a2c9569ddaa3.png

And finally, my favorite, as seen during the twilight of CP Steam, gold lettering and gold pin striping.

Saturnr
Jacob

I love gold lettering.
All my fictional sinks have gold colored letters. I personally think it looks more official and fitting :)

MeowRailroad Leasing Caboose X86:

Southern Pacific C50-9 (Sand Scoured)

In GIMP I made the rust by allowing jittering in the Airbrush options and setting it to 2.00. The brush size was 19. For the scouring I changed the "dynamic" setting to "Confetti" and the brush size was 19.

They should (and probably do) have a tutorail on weatherng ... I'm certain that a all over "Confetti Brush" does not constitute realistic weathering ... like a train had a high speed collision with a manure wagon.

The trucks from 100 railcars ahead, throw up mud, dust, rust, and general grime, during snow and rainstorms, that is deposited darkest near the lower edge of a railcar. Rust is from either flaked aged paint, of from collisions with forklifts ... etc ...

Rust and chemical streaks, stream downward ... Too much weathering looks like someone shot up a railcar with 100,000 brown paintballs

Last edited:
They should (and probably do) have a tutorail on weatherng ... I'm certain that a all over "Confetti Brush" does not constitute realistic weathering ... like a train had a high speed collision with a manure wagon.

The trucks from 100 railcars ahead, throw up mud, dust, rust, and general grime, during snow and rainstorms, that is deposited darkest near the lower edge of a railcar. Rust is from either flaked aged paint, of from collisions with forklifts ... etc ...

Rust and chemical streaks, stream downward ... Too much weathering looks like someone shot up a railcar with 100,000 brown paintballs

Yeah, you can't crutch entirely on the confetti brush, you need other techniques as well, but the confetti brush is still a very useful tool.

How do you know that some kids didn't stand next to a train and shoot it with paintballs? :hehe: I'll keep that in mind though.

The best way to understand weathering is to examine some JR or RR Mods equipment under a microscope, or even look at some of RGCX railcars, and Google images, to see why the metal was affected in certain ways.

I am sure that it would take an expert at JR, several days, if not much much longer, to achieve a desired look.

This is amazing:

pictures%5C38131%5CIMG_4394.JPG

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ly-painted-screenshots)&p=1022318#post1022318

Last edited:
Back