Show off your reskins!

kodachrome sd40-2. it is missing beacon on cab and maybe some tiny details i forgot.
51612.png

Last edited:
Looking good there. What model did you clone to make this reskin?
thank you and i cloned the up sd40-2 and used the nose and headlight position from it then used the old atsf sd40-2 and removed the horn on the long hood, then i used another atsf sd40-2 for the horn and positioned it to where its on the numberboard

Ok. While I was looking at the picture, I noticed the ditchlights were removed. What program did you use to do all of this?

i used bmp alpha textures to hide the ditchlights and removed "ditchlight" from extensions in the config file. this was done in paint.net and notepad. trainz mesh viewer was also used to look at the position i needed to put the horn at on the locomotive.

I skinned these up a couple years back and don't think I ever got around to showing them off. If I did, well...

EDcbWnW.jpg

egD1OjN.jpg

zoHPOEH.jpg

Matt

unknown.png

A CSX SD40-2 in the Stealth scheme. Blue may be a bitttt too dark but whatever. Based off the old JR CSX SD40-2 YN2, I gave it a new JR script. Still wondering how to add back flashing ditchlights…

unknown.png

A CSX SD40-2 in the Stealth scheme. Blue may be a bitttt too dark but whatever. Based off the old JR CSX SD40-2 YN2, I gave it a new JR script. Still wondering how to add back flashing ditchlights…

This looks very good. However, The CSX SD40-2s did not have ditchlights at the time they got the stealth paint schemes. Still, I love the looks of the model.

BR WHR NGG16 No. 33130 - BR Green 3v6
<KUID:255503:104125>
Last Updated: 28th Sep 2022
File Size: 3.09 MB
Downloaded: 0
TS12 Available soon, currently unlisted

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

It would be interesting to know how those worked. The firebox has to be near the normal place, but the pistons are way up front. Did it transfer steam to the front box somehow, or what was its purpose?

The ATSF GP38s as they stand. I've improved the colors of the units to better match Jointed Rail's payware ATSF offerings. Also new is a Bookends scheme unit.

Throughout the summer of 1970, Santa Fe received a respectable order of 60 GP38s. All, 3500-3560, were delivered in the Bookends scheme. The Freightbonnet scheme was introduced in 1972. As the 70s moved on, the fleet would be repainted into the new scheme. They were rebuilt into GP38us throughout the 1980s, renumbered 2300-2360. Only one GP38 was repainted into the SPSF Kodachrome scheme, 2312. It was reverted to Freightbonnet in 1989. GP38us would have their headlights and horns relocated in the 1990s. The lights were now on the nose, the horn on the long hood. By the start of 1997, ATSF and BN had merged, with the ATSF GP38us on the roster becoming part of the new BNSF railway. They ended up with the numbers 2190-2248.

2022-10-01_202247.jpg

Back