Show off your reskins!

Canadian-Pacific-SD70M.jpg

Southern Railroad inspired green 4-8-4 northern.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Normally the railroad prefers to keep its fleet of 4-8-4 northern steam engines painted black with the colors of red, white, gold, graphite and black, but more engines were ordered in 2 batches from the Lima Locomotive Works, the Southern-inspired green and the blue with gold boiler bands.

Last edited:
The B6DUX in TER livery ( blue ) and Intercités Haute-Normandie livery ( purple ) both have some details to finish:

XQN7jHI.png

sGP7EBL.png

31obo5p.png

9gnWDXa.png

CNxSHJT.png

Thanks, the locomotive in question is personal and not for release, it is carrying the name of the railroad that has ordered them which also is personal.

That Northern is truly a sight on the rails. I wonder what consequences might be in order in the case that engine is put up for public distribution by the original creator. Just asking, I assure you.

Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe 2-10-4 no. 5000, fresh out of a complete restoration, pulls a tourist excursion past the Buffalo Southern (BSOR) shops in Hamburg, NY en route to Jamestown, NY

jusWqst.jpg

I can see why, the bell and the drivers are drawn from K&L payware content. I still appreciate how much time and resources were put into assembling ATSF 5000. I can tell that the locomotive was constructed from Colorado71's payware T&P 2-10-4, for the headlamp; it is the same as the ones on the free Berkshires from his site.

Last edited:
Now that being said, I -AM- planning on getting this released soon. It'll be aliased textures for now but I may eventually ask Ben Neal for permission to offer CDP's of reskins of his work as physical models, not just reskin files.

WkHhOwY.png

Last edited:
Agreed, because it would be hard to download Arcade & Attica 18 because the engine your aliasing uses a library for liveries and auto running numbers

Agreed, because it would be hard to download Arcade & Attica 18 because the engine your aliasing uses a library for liveries and auto running numbers

I've actually re-coded that locomotive so the livery library is obsolete. Same with the ARN. I don't have anything listed as a download on my site that I don't plan on releasing at some point. The problems with my models are that I have them set up in a way I understand, but to someone new opening my models they might make no sense. So that's what I'm grappling with is packaging what are at the moment just reskins in a way that's easy to understand. Besides the fact that it has a lot of payware assets built-in to it, ATSF 5000 will probably never be released because the engine, and a majority of its dependencies, are just a massive cluster--- that I understand completely but if I were to send the CDP and someone installed and ran it, it would make zero sense. Which is honestly too bad because I would love to be able to share it, seeing as I've spent nearly a year on and off just tweaking tiny little things here and there to make it look, IMHO, amazing. I think I've come a long way from just figuring out how to create reskin files that actually work, which is how I started. Heck, I used to not even know how to convert a TGA file. If the asset I needed to reskin was made of TGA files I was like "screw it, guess I'll have to find something else". Now I've learned how to move attachment points and make tiny tweaks here and there to make things as close to perfect as I can get.

What the heck, another shot of 5000.

6zopv0m.png

Aaaand as soon as I say it's pretty much complete, I decide to go through my copies of historical photos of her to find that her side rods were painted gray during service, with the bearings painted black. So of course I had to create a new set of driving rods to reflect that... I don't know, what's public opinion? Keep them as plain metal or go with the gray?

KxU8dDC
KxU8dDC.png

Last edited:
Back