Show off your reskins!

Your best bet would be to try and find a close-matching font, if not the exact one if you're lucky, and match up sizing, kerning, and colour (the latter of which is certainly the easiest!). Covering up the original lettering would be best done with some clone-stamping tools, though I'm not sure P.NET has that as I'm not familiar enough with the program. If it doesn't, I'm sure adequate paint application would serve you well. I might also recommend downloading GIMP if you're up for it - an easier, free, more basic version of Photoshop with more functionality than P.NET.

As for finding a matching font, I would suggest either A) using a font identifier website (easily found on Google). They're not always reliable but they can get you some close and useful stuff, nonetheless. As well as B), www.railsimstuff.com - this site has a lot of railroad related fonts and I'd recommend checking them all out. Many of which could be useful either now or later on down the road.

Good luck!

Cheers,
SM

Thanks for the tips. This should prove interesting.

RH001

42K7dkb.jpg

// Erik from Sweden

Until someone makes an AEM-7 cab interior from scratch, I just took my30's BR 143 interior and reskinned it to resemble more like a real AEM-7. I've been wanting to do this ever since I used to watch Railworks/Train Simulator 2012 NEC videos on YouTube several years ago.

25885858447_95372cee97_o.jpg

Hi everyone, sorry for missing out all the fun in this thread. But on the contrary, I've been busy lately with these reskins and custom creations that I did with my JR CSX YN3B ES44AH, thought might as to expand it for sure. So enjoy looking at these:

CSX Tier-3 ES44AHs...now ARN-enabled...thanks to NorfolkSouthern37 with the prototypical 4-digit ARN mesh for this use.

CSX-ES44AH-expanded-series-pt1.jpg

CSX-ES44AH-expanded-series-pt2.jpg

CSX ES44AH no.3099 "Spirit of West Springfield"....the real deal reskin of mine!
CSX-ES44AH-3099-%22Spirit-of-West-Springfield%22.jpg

CSX ES44AH no.3010 "Gainesville Midland Railroad" Heritage Emblem Unit....also made by me prior to the completion of my 3099 Reskin.
CSX-ES44AH-3010-%22Gainesville-Midland%22-Heritage-Unit.jpg

Enjoy!

We thought you might post that, but quite the neat reskin there btvfd. But I think we have that way ahead before you did. Which I did a reskin of JR's CSX ES44AH yn3b into 3099 "Spirit of West Springfield". And along with it...is the CSX Safety Train equipment which made together by me and Jaden Penn ([FONT=&quot]Railworks3985).

Thought you would love to see this work of ours...and my beautiful CSX 3099 reskin.....
[/FONT]
CSX-ES44AH-3099-%22Spirit-of-West-Springfield%22.jpg

CSX 3099 with Safety Train Equipment...the "real deal"!
CSX-Safety-Train-Set-pt1.jpg

CSX-Safety-Train-set-pt2.jpg

CSX-Safety-Train-Set-pt3.jpg

CSX-Safety-Train-Set-pt4.jpg
CSX-Safety-Train-Set-pt4.jpg

Aaaand as soon as I say it's pretty much complete, I decide to go through my copies of historical photos of her to find that her side rods were painted gray during service, with the bearings painted black. So of course I had to create a new set of driving rods to reflect that... I don't know, what's public opinion? Keep them as plain metal or go with the gray?

KxU8dDC
KxU8dDC.png
K&L Trainz is going to release an ATSF 5000 class steam locomotive within the coming months. I don’t know exactly when though.

Here's one I made about a week ago. UP ex-CNW patched Dash-9. Made it by copying the arn.im from the fully repainted version to a clone of the CNW unit, as well as the numbering digits, then just stuck yellow patches on. Came out pretty well. The second unit is the only one that has not been reskinned by me. Units 3, 4, and 5 belong to a fictional railroad I created based on another video game, with the reporting mark DMR. Yes, the 4th unit is a patch-over and renumbering of NS 1072.
vJcX3ak.jpg

Back