Show off your reskins!

Another new reskin of mine, a Milwaukee Road ES44AC. I plan on making ARN for it. Like I said before, feedback is appreciated.

(NOTE: I'm sorry about the double post, I didn't intend to make reskins this quick)

Trying my hand at a small photo-texturing job:

3fabc054a41e060bdc5fa84f8e2ea38b.jpg

Last edited:
Dare I ask another question, but are there any good guides out there for reskinning with Photoshop or GIMP? I've searched YouTube, but most videos are either super sped-up and too quick to follow or too short and don't contain enough information. I feel that the toughest part is learning how to use and manipulate the layers. Yes, I am sure someone has suggested or linked these guides already, but we don't all have time to read through 230+ pages... Hopefully someone will have a page like this saved in their bookmarks already and can insert a link with a few clicks. I don't want to ask too many questions, nor do I need my hand held. But if someone wants to learn to re-skin, we need to know a few of the basics. Thanks in advance for any help you can link me to!

I added the hiawatha logo to the front and I'll post a pic of it later but for now here's a new reskin I made today, behold, the SOO ES44AC!

I need advice

I'm trying to reskin mcguirel's Southern dining car to create a model of the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum's dining car Travelers Fare. However, as you can see, it looks terrible. I would have to say that it's my worst reskin. I need some advice on what I should do to make it better, particularly the font. Can someone help?

Here's the reskin:

jordon412_20141111_0000_zps298bd188.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here's a picture of the prototype:

1110tvrm3158_zpsff9eae19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I haven't done a close examination of the font, but the one you choose looks pretty close, it's probably something like "Railroad Roman" Ideally you would get an 'extended' version of whatever font it is, but easiness just strech it. The "Travelers Fare" is about 1/3 the size of the "Tennessee Valley" your reskin has them being the same size. Make your red redder (less maroon) and the yellow line should actually be a box going around the lower text & numbers.

peter

Just take out less blue and/or add some more red. You're just going to have to play around with it some. I've never found those colours to be accurate to what they say anyways. Your photo is decent enough your could eve eye-drop the red colour out of it.

peter

Just take out less blue and/or add some more red. You're just going to have to play around with it some. I've never found those colours to be accurate to what they say anyways. Your photo is decent enough your could eve eye-drop the red colour out of it.

To be honest, I'm trying to get it to match whitepass' Norfolk & Western passenger cars so that I can start making an entire fleet of matching cars lettered for the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. I've already have in mind a car to make the coaches with corrugated sides, but once I can get this car worked out, then I'll move on to recreating the rest of the fleet.

Back