Show off your reskins!

Nice job, the USLW and CG models are the only really good GP30's available. Hope someone like JR comes and makes one.

Nice job, the USLW and CG models are the only really good GP30's available. Hope someone like JR comes and makes one.

Thank you! I hope so as well! The GP30 stands out amongst the classic EMD models for it's unique styling. I picked the USLW GP30 to reskin because CG's version did not have automatic running numbers. This is one reskin I wish I could release, but again good luck on getting perms. We do need a new GP30 model with ARN and that covers a majority of the companies who ever owned one. Still, I'm proud of this reskin. It took me a little while to get the skinning work done. Plus figure out and squash all the texture bugs. I even tinkered with the blue and yellow to make sure they were accurate? As a fellow ATSF reskinner, do the colors on my GP30u Freightbonnet skin look accurate?

It looks really good, not gonna lie. Maybe make the yellow a bit darker and that'll be all.

More GP35's for TTZ:

Updated CD&N GP35's, the former with ditch lights, the latter without.

2022-06-04-114958.jpg

SPSF GP35 to go along with the SF Kodachrome GP35.

2022-06-04-105326.jpg

It looks really good, not gonna lie. Maybe make the yellow a bit darker and that'll be all.

More GP35's for TTZ:

Updated CD&N GP35's, the former with ditch lights, the latter without.

SPSF GP35 to go along with the SF Kodachrome GP35.

Thanks! I've been tinkering with the color toning of the GP30u last night. I've tried different settings such as hue and saturation. I may retry the hue setting to get a richer shade of yellow that is also Santa Fe ish but darker too. I look forward to grabbing the Kodachrome GP35s once they're released!

Coloring looks spot on Sir

After more tinkering with the coloring, I think I got a pretty nice result.

Good Evening my Friend,

Just dropped in for a bit to see how the Yellow Colors were coming along, yours looks spot on, I use to see lots of these ATSF Locomotives in Southern California as I grew up before all the Mergers. :cool:

Your work is impeccable.....Thank you for all the hard work and attention to detail........;)

After more tinkering with the coloring, I think I got a pretty nice result.

Colors look good to me. I too grew up in SoCal during the 70's / 80's, and spent many a days railfanning Cajon Pass along with various other SoCal hot spots. It's too bad we don't have an updated GP30 for the sim. Maybe JR will surprise us one day.

This barely qualifies as a reskin, more of an edit.

This resembles 4700-series BNSF C44-9W locomotives, which used a narrower front "cigar band", resembling the one used on Santa Fe's widecab motors.

Like I said, this mainly appeared on 4700-series motors, which I believe were the first ordered by BNSF, but also overlapped a little with the later wide band that appears on the later 4700s and 4800s-4900s.

And of course, how could I do this and not acknowledge BNSF 4723? Something about this feels wrong...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Needs a few adjustments still but it's pretty much done. 7000-7099 are one of the last few orders of units to wear the longtime dark blue dip scheme of my fictional before it was retired in 1996

73F04D04E6FF48C33DDD982AFD5B8F63052B0A2E

A few projects continued on from last year

CSX ES44AHs 1776 and 3194
Screenshot-2022-06-24-215851.jpg

NS Admiral Cab SD40-2s [Not for Release]
Screenshot-2022-06-24-221439.jpg

UP SD70M #1979 - We Are ONE
Screenshot-2022-06-24-221452.jpg

Amtrak P42DC 100's "Celebrate the Century Express" livery
Screenshot-2022-06-24-221500.jpg

@PerRock Interesting if Amtrak replace all the P32s and Amfleets with that
@masashiranul That good stuff. I didn't even know UP had a special SD70M too