Show off your reskins!

CNW F7A & F7B

bandicam%202021-06-13%2016-57-54-202.jpg

Last edited:
Goodies.

Here's some stuff from my vault.

First up is my attempt at the D&H's 20 GP39-2s that were of Reading heritage, D&H 7401-7420. I believe these were the last new power ever purchased by the Reading and mostly financed by Chessie System (hence why these went to CSX in 1991). These were built in November-December 1974. Using the RRmods GP40-2 as a stand in and replacing the sounds, I've used reference photos of the various methods of patching the D&H used on these units which involved the RDG diamond being patched over and three different variations of logos being used.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-06-12-13-46.png

Next is the old SD39 from RRMods meant to represent three of the four former Norfolk & Western units sold to Guilford when they were looking for new power. These units were all built for the Illinois Terminal in May 1969 as 2301, 2302, and 2303 respectively. The N&W inherited them when they bought the ITC in the early 80s and apparently sold them just a few years later. Here are the units with the quick Guilford patch job with the Boston & Maine BM logo on the nose, and the white G on the sides.
TRS19-Platinum-2021-06-12-13-47.png

Looks pretty good! ���� Keep at it.

- RR70

Thank you! I've got another one as well down below.

From left to right: My SDP45 post-1970's reskin, JR's SP SDP45 and the Kodachrome Version. I felt this was needed as a review for the engine said something about a Gecko script with the post-1970's skin in it. So I made it as a standalone model for myself. The numbers on the short hood of my reskin still appear, gotta figure out how to remove those... Enjoy!

2021-06-17-135654.jpg

Dartrider - I am assuming those numbers on the nose are ARN numbering (auto numbering). If so, they are most likely submeshes of the Locomotive mesh and cannot really be removed. You have two options, both involve the images which skin those sub meshes, you can remove the images from the asset, which should 'hide' them, or you can modify them to be the same red color as the nose which should also hide them. I have tried the first way on an asset before, and if I recall correctly it worked. The second should work, but I have never tried it before.

Good Luck

Walter

Dartrider - I am assuming those numbers on the nose are ARN numbering (auto numbering). If so, they are most likely submeshes of the Locomotive mesh and cannot really be removed. You have two options, both involve the images which skin those sub meshes, you can remove the images from the asset, which should 'hide' them, or you can modify them to be the same red color as the nose which should also hide them. I have tried the first way on an asset before, and if I recall correctly it worked. The second should work, but I have never tried it before.

Good Luck

Walter

Interesting, I'll try that!

You should have a folder that is "car" something, in that are all the ARN textures, all you need to do is edit the color ones alpha channel so there is no number showing, all black or white. no more ARN.

FS Livery Trenord Bdtmee

Trenord is a railway company which is responsible for the operation of regional passenger trains in Lombardy.

Last edited:
Some reskins I'm doing for Whamm's Muncy Valley Railroad. Three versions from left to right: (1) Weathered/loaded, (2) less saturated, (3) full saturated.

- RR70

LJ4sIRp.jpg

Mrb5TX4.jpg

Last edited:
Back