Show off your reskins!

2015-07-03%20130423.jpg~original

peter

Now that is a sexy looking unit. I think your black is just a touch too dark though. When you use 0,0,0 black on trainz locomotives you lose details and definition. I'd suggest going back and redoing the black areas with 18,18,18 black. Other than that, that's a very nice skin.

Did ya get that STD version of the Rollin Pass? Just asking, that's all.

In a way, I had the NG version that they released as freeware a while back (I think they took it down) and used the replace asset tool to convert the Pencil42 NG track to each types standard gauge equivalent. Then I had to hand replace all the bridges.

I was around when the original payware version was out but I could not afford it.

Now that is a sexy looking unit. I think your black is just a touch too dark though. When you use 0,0,0 black on trainz locomotives you lose details and definition. I'd suggest going back and redoing the black areas with 18,18,18 black. Other than that, that's a very nice skin.

Well, thanks. This is just a JR locomotive, so it doesn't really matter if its too black, especially since the panel doors doesn't open. 15, 15, 15, 10, 10, 10, or 5, 5, 5 would make the perfect black, but 18, 18, 18 makes it too grey. If only the unit had an AC though.

18 18 18 is black brightness 7, which is pretty dark, especially considering most of my projects use black 10 or even black 15. I don't really think it starts transitioning into grey until around black 15, which is 38 38 38. Was just suggesting it because the black you used pretty much killed the door outlines on that unit.

Decided to revive this project after doing the BNSF GP39V. I remember a while back when I first showed this skin that someone requested that I do a clean skin on it, so unlike the BNSF unit this will have both a clean skin and a dirty skin. I've removed any weathering that I had applied to the model previously, as it is no longer up to my standards, so this is the clean version. I still need to remove the NW logo from the other side and replace it with the NS logo. Will have more pics once the clean version is finished. For now:
97dcec2f393c7d430341c06490182bf7.jpg

The Next Fallen Flag I have decided to bring back to the rails is one of my favorites. It's only one of my favorites because my Grandfather worked for this railroad in the 60's on through to its demise. I have brought back The Milwaukee Road. Its a reskin of Dave Snow's undecorated SD70ACe.

And now what fallen flag do I want to bring back to the rails? What would those fallen railroads look like if they where still around today and what would their schemes and colors look like today???.....

Last edited:
Back