Show off your reskins!

CN Heritage ES44DC #1987 - Wisconsin Central
WC-HU-Promo-1.png

WC-HU-Promo-2.png

WC-HU-Promo-5.png

WC-HU-Promo-6.png

What software do you guys use, being able to reskin seems like a good skill to have and I want to give it a try.

Paint.NET is a good start, but GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro (if that's still around) seem to be the popular ones. I like using Paint.NET for linework and logos, Photoshop to put it all together, and GIMP for weathering.

Matt

Paint.NET is a good start, but GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro (if that's still around) seem to be the popular ones. I like using Paint.NET for linework and logos, Photoshop to put it all together, and GIMP for weathering.

Matt
Awesome thank you. Would you say it's an easy thing to learn? Also does it require any sort of artistic talent?

I use Skecthbook. It's ok for reskinning on a Mac, but I think the other softwares work better on Windows.

I'm okay when it comes to artistic talent, however, I've noticed improvements in my City of Truro and Vectron reskins. I think it means I'm getting better!

I use Skecthbook. It's ok for reskinning on a Mac, but I think the other softwares work better on Windows.

I'm okay when it comes to artistic talent, however, I've noticed improvements in my City of Truro and Vectron reskins. I think it means I'm getting better!
I also run a mac so I'll have to do a little research. Hopefully it doesn't take too much talent because a stick figure can be a challenge for me sometimes :hehe:

IC Baggage Chicago. Jackson is the other name.

IC Coach Baton Rouge. Also Memphis, and New Orleans as the other two names.

Back