Show off your reskins!

Beautiful SD40s. Could I con you out of the color code for the blue on 6715? It's gorgeous.

Progress has been slow on my project, but now that it's coming together a bit more with the logos and text now being on there, it looks more 'correct'. I really like the mapping on this model. I'm contemplating a weathered version, perhaps....

YdPDWma.png

Ue4bwuw.png

Hey Salt, what does the P&A stand for?

The P&A stands for "Pittsburgh & Altamonte", because i suck at coming up with names (and paint schemes) for railroads.

Beautiful SD40s. Could I con you out of the color code for the blue on 6715? It's gorgeous.

Thanks! I'd usually sell it for thew low low price of $39.99 (plus shipping and handling), but i guess i won't bother this time around. The RGB values are 47, 77, and 119.

Well the SD40, for the most part, is pretty much done. The logo on the front looks kinda crappy and needs a redo, the numbering on the cab side needs to be stretched a bit horizontally to match a bit better (If I want to bother with it), and I need to add the 'light cone' to the ditch lights, such as those on the headlight beams. I'm not sure how to do that, but I think I can figure it out with enough time.

PS, thanks for the RGB code. Now I need to make a blue loco. In return, I offer the red color code I wound up with. R 188, G 15, B 7.

pfsw33j.jpg

nj3uN3C.jpg

Really appreciate your effort in not forgetting our Fallen Flags

:wave: Thank you for the link to your site, interesting info on the demise of the Milwaukee Line thru Cascades and Rockies, sometimes we shoot ourselves in the foot with that darn !@#$%^&* thing called Greed for Power and Money at the expense of others.

:D I really like your Fantasy Reskins.. :udrool: Thank you for great work you create.

Hey Chris, are these skins just for yourself or do you have a site? If you do have a webpage, I'd like to see what you've got to offer. Pretty pair of GP(38?)'s there, too.

I "work" for the Erecting Hall, along with some others on the site here. I don't really do releases for a few reasons, mainly because most of the work i do is reskins of payware content, which i can't release for obvious reasons. Thanks for the compliments though, you've done some fine work yourself!

I gotcha, and thank you for the compliments, too.

I briefly considered tossing together a General Lee SD40 just for laughs, but it just looks so bad in '75 Corvette Flame Red. I'd be more apt to call it 'Cheeto' than anything else after I got done. I think I might try my hand at weathering and decaying to toss together another 'scrap' or 'abandoned' loco.

A few reskins of mine that I am gradually pulling over to my new site- https://greaterbuffalorr.wixsite.com/bmptrainz

I plan on gradually making a majority of my work available for everyone to download. Here's a few things that are either currently offered or I am working on releasing soon!

WK&S #734
CjKmu6V.png

WK&S #65 (stored)
pjm8k7h.png

Concept for WK&S #4 (unrestored)
j870umM.png

Arcade & Attica #14 (concept)
HtqZHRo.png

Arcade & Attica #18
nycS18l.png

Let me know what you guys think!

-Brian Pacos

https://greaterbuffalorr.wixsite.com/bmptrainz

I definately am in the market for a steamie shunter. Shunters don't get nearly enough love.

I decided to go ahead and make a very heavily weathered/rusted version of my Warbonnet SD40. It's not done, but this is where I'm leaving it for tonight. Some surfaces need to be blended, such as between the roof over the actual engine section and the side panels, for example. The rust on the nose needs to be touched up, custom bogies need to be made, fuel tank needs some weathering, etc. Not bad for a couple hours worth of work. I'm open to opinions, suggestions, etc.

Rms9MLa.png

I know the red warbonnet my guess is a fantasy scheme what about a yellow warbonnet scheme heavily weathered and rusted with maybe some bnsf lettering perhaps lol

I've never heard it put quite that way, lol.

I've only seen model SD40s and GP38s in the warbonnet scheme. I can't find any images of any real life SD40s in this scheme. That would definately look interesting, however. It wouldn't be hard to do with the way I have it layered.

I'll back off the rust on the sides and see what I get. The overall idea is that this guy has been just sitting in the scrapyard waiting for something to happen, either a repair or just flat out be cut up.

I'm pretty sure ATSF on their own never owned Warbonnet SD40-2s. That scheme suits it though. Almost all of ATSF's newer locomotives were painted in ATSF blue and yellow, IIRC.

I'm pretty sure ATSF on their own never owned Warbonnet SD40-2s. That scheme suits it though. Almost all of ATSF's newer locomotives were painted in ATSF blue and yellow, IIRC.
The only Santa Fe diesels that wore red and silver were their locomotives that featured the North American safety cab, including 8 FP45's I believe, all part of the new at the time SuperFleet. In addition to this, nearly all pre-Amtrak passenger diesels received a coat of red and silver, including their big U-Boat passenger locos. A cool protofantasy reskin idea would be to reskin one of JR's EL SDP45's into Santa Fe warbonnet.

Last edited:
Back