Show off your reskins!

Pennsylvania - Reading Seashore Lines S12 #6017. After 3 years in operation, she's become quite dirty.

5OCsr82.jpg

Yours, Qaz

An update to my model of Wanamaker, Kempton & Southern #65. I removed pieces of the tank, roof, and walkways and added my own headlight, smokestack, and grabirons.

2019-01-04%2B011628.jpg

And the trio of other tank locomotives I worked on today. L to R, US Army Transportation Corps 0-6-0T no. 717, Solvay Process Co. 0-4-0T no. 63, and American Viscose Co. 0-4-0T no. 6. Spent the day kitbashing a bunch of bdaneal models to make these. I would love to build the Gramling locomotives but those are going to take a lot more work and I cannot seem to be able to find a suitable set of drivers for Lehigh Valley Coal no. 126.

2019-01-04%2B031824.jpg

I downloaded the 0-6-0T for my trainz, but when I uploaded the content, it wouldn't do anything at all, even from the folder.

I downloaded the 0-6-0T for my trainz, but when I uploaded the content, it wouldn't do anything at all, even from the folder.

Taken directly from the website...

"Once the file window is open, click the "Download" button in the upper right-hand corner. Reskin files are packaged as a zipped folder broken up into sections based on each model's file structure; simply replace the original image files with any reskin files included in the download."

Eagle River Steam Railway Mikado no. 61 (ex-Canadian Pacific no. 5361) rounds Nile Curve on a 3-hour round trip excursion of the entire Eagle River Railway system, from Beaver Cove Depot to Logging Camp "B" via Keane Station. Excessive wear on the wooden consist has necessitated the exchange for the line's steel consist; rough parts of the line have taken their toll on the vintage wooden coaches, though the view is just as good! No. 61 will drop the train at the depot in Keane to be picked up by the Eagle River's recently-outshopped BW9 diesel locomotive no. 30; this is done both due to weight restrictions on the switchback line from Keane to Logging Camp "B" and so the locomotive can be adequately watered, coaled, and turned around on the wye for its return trip to Beaver Cove Depot. No. 61 will be serviced and the crew given a break during the complimentary tour of Logging Camp "B". The line's grades (often exceeding 3%) are no match for recently-restored no. 61's 57,100+ lbs of tractive effort.

ZV0cEd1.jpg

What if National Express decided to run high speed express services on the Northeast Corridor with some "hand-me-downs" from Amtrak? So I made this reskin of VirtualBeechGrove's AEM-7 in National Express livery after I was inspired by the rolling stock used by the German division of this private British train operator.

Last edited:
I wanted to make reskins with this DLS diesel, and share them, too. Yesterday, I emailed and PM'ed the user who made this model, nikos1, but I haven't gotten an answer back from him yet. I was gonna wait to see if I can get permission from him to make reskins with this model, and share them.

Last edited:
I wanted to make reskins with this DLS diesel, and share them, too. Yesterday, I emailed and PM'ed the user who made this model, nikos1, but I haven't gotten an answer back from him yet. I was gonna wait to see if I can get permission from him to make reskins with this model, and share them.

Good luck.

You're asking the wrong person. The original model is from NorfolkSouthern37 of JointedRail. That model is incredibly outdated. An updated version is available for free at JR, and there's an even more updated payware model. JR's reskin policy is very, very strict, and unless they know you, or you can really knock their socks off, you don't have a chance. You can reskin it all you want, but you can't share it.

Matt

Good luck.

You're asking the wrong person. The original model is from NorfolkSouthern37 of JointedRail. That model is incredibly outdated. An updated version is available for free at JR, and there's an even more updated payware model. JR's reskin policy is very, very strict, and unless they know you, or you can really knock their socks off, you don't have a chance. You can reskin it all you want, but you can't share it.

Matt

Huh. According to the config text of the model, it's actually the same guy. And I don't care about the outdated thing. I just want to contact him about permission to make reskins of this particular model, and share them, too. I'm gonna agree with you about not having a chance with the Jointed Rail content with their policies over there, so I'm not gonna try that at all. That's why I want to check about this DLS model.

Now with a spark arrestor installed to avoid starting fires during the drier months, Eagle River no. 61 awaits the highball signal to kick off another excursion on the ERSX

IXFtUrY.jpg

Just after departing Keane, about to cross the Keane River Bridge

cNNRiJl.jpg

Last edited:
Back