Page 473 of 482 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 7226

Thread: Show off your reskins!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    I mean, i could be wrong, but it seems more like you're trying to talk down to me. I get it, you're a WAY better reskinner, and i acknowledge that. I'm not very good, all things considered. True, i have insulted people in the past, but i try not to talk down to people because more often than not, i'm less skilled than the person talking to me. I've probably overstepped that boundary before, but at the very least, i try not to do that nowadays.

Thank you for the constructive criticism though, it should come in handy. I've been practicing a lot and i think i'm finally at a point where i can call myself a competent reskinner. Definitely not a great one, that's for sure. Heck, i'd struggle to call myself a "good" reskinner considering most of what i do isn't very intricate or complicated. I work with what skills i have, and more often than not, i think my work is okay. Not amazing, but okay.
    I agree with Chris on this one fellas.

Eh, take it in whatever direction you wish. Self depreciation in the name of playing the victim in any form doesn't exactly make your comment come off as genuine, particularly when you've very recently overstepped the "boundary" you've seemed to set for yourself. Maybe if you actually changed a bit I'd have more faith, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But after all, this is a reskins thread, isn't it? Here's a reskin, or several. Pending some ARN and mesh modifications currently, hoping to have these and a ton more up in the next release:

Last edited by jacksonbarno; July 6th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.

Photo Freight. Lead by CRR F3A 800 and a freelanced ACL SD40-2

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonbarno View Post
    Eh, take it in whatever direction you wish. Self depreciation in the name of playing the victim in any form doesn't exactly make your comment come off as genuine, particularly when you've very recently overstepped the "boundary" you've seemed to set for yourself. Maybe if you actually changed a bit I'd have more faith, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But after all, this is a reskins thread, isn't it? Here's a reskin, or several. Pending some ARN and mesh modifications currently, hoping to have these and a ton more up in the next release:
    (Pictures removed) Nice looking forward to these. It is always great to have more steam/transition era equipment.

Thanks
    Pennsylvania Railroad affectionate PRRT&HS

I just need to be careful I don’t break the upload system this time when Dan puts the assets up, there are definitely quite a few.

Finished the Acela Express but there's still some minor details to do but the big part is done:

2018 - Début de fin des Z2N

My two new little reskins ...

TRAXX E 483 021 in italian private livery

... and one german DB Habiins

in train

original wagon

original link -> https://www.flickr.com/photos/heyst/3662702245/sizes/l
    thom58

Blog Entries

Worked on this new kitbash and reskin of Bdaneal's USRA 4-8-2 this afternoon and into the night. It is a Rio Grande M-64 Class 4-8-4 "Western" locomotive built in 1929 that lasted until the mid 1950's.
    The D&RGW liked to call their 4-8-4's "Westerns" instead of "Northerns."

I kitbashed this using parts from other models by Bdaneal; the trailing bogey came from his N&W Class J, and the number boards surrounding the smokestack are from his heavy 4-4-0. The tender is a USRA 2-8-8-2 tender minus the doghouse with bogies from a Class J.

United States of America, North Carolina, Smithfield

Because I haven't seen anyone else make any recently. Yes I'm doing the entire fleet.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    See Oahu By Rail.........Ride The OR&L

Quote Originally Posted by shebashetan7 View Post

Worked on this new kitbash and reskin of Bdaneal's USRA 4-8-2 this afternoon and into the night. It is a Rio Grande M-64 Class 4-8-4 "Western" locomotive built in 1929 that lasted until the mid 1950's.
    The D&RGW liked to call their 4-8-4's "Westerns" instead of "Northerns."

I kitbashed this using parts from other models by Bdaneal; the trailing bogey came from his N&W Class J, and the number boards surrounding the smokestack are from his heavy 4-4-0. The tender is a USRA 2-8-8-2 tender minus the doghouse with bogies from a Class J.
    My suggestion is make a reskin of that as SP&S 700

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbird8923 View Post
    My suggestion is make a reskin of that as SP&S 700
    I'll see what I can do. What makes you think that my M-64 kitbash could also be made into SP&S 700?

I'll see what I can do. What makes you think that my M-64 kitbash could also be made into SP&S 700?
    It just resembles it is all, D&RGW did have similar looking engines, like, for example, the D&RGW 2-10-2s partially resembled the Reading T1 2100 class

Blog Entries

Many of these locos shared the same manufacturer; D&RGW M-64 and SP&S 700, so makes sense.

Many of these locos shared the same manufacturer; D&RGW M-64 and SP&S 700, so makes sense.
    Well the D&RGW wasn't the only one, the Virginian railroad had berkshires built by Lima, and they were basically carbon copies the C&O Kanawhas

Blog Entries

If I had the K&L Payware C&O Kanawha, I could reskin it to make a Virginian Berk. I didn't know that the VGN had Berks of the same specs as the Chessie, NKP, and the Pere Marquette/Polar Express.