Show off your reskins!

Just some variations on color schemes for my fictional Muncy Valley Railroad. First some maroon/red ones...

Cheers
Walter

Nice work. Truly nice reskins. I can imagine you are also working on rolling stock for the same company, correct? Check out my reskins that are posted before yours.

- RR70

Thanks Blue and Railroader for the kind words.

I have just been doing locos so far. I am still deciding which colors to go with (although I may go with multiple as I have seen that on prototypes before). Not sure what cars to custom color. For the most part they just move other people's cars, although there is a need for a bunch of Hopper cars for the Aggregate mine.

Cheers
Walter

Thanks Blue and Railroader for the kind words.

I have just been doing locos so far. I am still deciding which colors to go with (although I may go with multiple as I have seen that on prototypes before). Not sure what cars to custom color. For the most part they just move other people's cars, although there is a need for a bunch of Hopper cars for the Aggregate mine.

Cheers
Walter

Would you like me to work on some rolling stock for you? I'll see what I can do with some hopper cars and boxcar assets. Send me a 1920 x 1080p photo of your logo and I can take it from there. Make sure it's in .png and not in .jpg. You can send me a PM if you want and we can exchange e-mail addresses. Peace.

Last edited:
Sure. I just need to refine the logo some. It might be a couple days, but I will pm you when I am ready. Mostly just want to add thicker borders, maybe resize the text and a few other clean up items. Hardest part is the text. You'd be surprised how complex it is to get text to follow a circle. I figured it out via YouTube but am not very proficient at it yet.

Cheers
Walter

So who here also plays American Truck Simulator? I figured I'd bring one of my favorite wastes of time into another.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Thanks to the above. The SP/SSW boxes are the ACF 60' Boxcars meant to represent car classes B-70-24 and B-70-24Rs.

The 86' footers I've skinned are various Cloakedghost boxcars covering variations found on the rails back then. I just now realized I forgot to show some ICG 8 doors I've made.

Last edited:
The Muncy Valley needed some dedicated hoppers for the LaFarge aggregate facility so they purchased some used coal hoppers and have begun slowly repainting them into Muncy colors.

These are repaints of Dave Snow open Hopper assets which I hope to put on the DLS at some point. They use chameleon scripting so it is all one asset just with a skin pack for the 5 skins (may be more when done, I haven't decided yet)

Cheers
Walter

The Muncy Valley needed some dedicated hoppers for the LaFarge aggregate facility so they purchased some used coal hoppers and have begun slowly repainting them into Muncy colors.

These are repaints of Dave Snow open Hopper assets which I hope to put on the DLS at some point. They use chameleon scripting so it is all one asset just with a skin pack for the 5 skins (may be more when done, I haven't decided yet).

Cheers
Walter

Nice work Walter!

- RR70

Thanks Tom (RR70)! They are still a wip. Need to improve the weathering (add rust and more realistic grime) and maybe the railroad logo.

Thanks Tom (RR70)! They are still a wip. Need to improve the weathering (add rust and more realistic grime) and maybe the railroad logo.

No problem. Send them my way through e-mail and I'll add the logo. Just working on some 60ft boxcar assets for you and an ethanol tanker.

- Tom (RR70)

I threw this together real quickly. I feel like this would work better on a proper ALC-42 model but I'm still satisfied with the turnout.

Since it's a public domain model by Dave Snow, this will be heading to the DLS soon™.

Matt

I reskinned Conrail Tanker Car From UTLX Undec Blue Tanker Car! And It looks cool! by the way, and not only that,
I put numbers on the Conrail Tanker Car!

And There is a Second Of My Tanker Car! This Tanker Car Is Now Available!

Some updates to my Muncy Valley locos and rolling stock.

First some weathering and other details on the hoppers (RR70, I added the logos, I figured I was making changes anyhow. Thx though)

The cars as they appeared on arrival....

After stenciling......

After repaints - clean and dirty

Then some Loco updates. I added some weathering plus some units have Rooftop AC. The newest units have beacons as well.

Phase I paint scheme (both a red and blue version)

Phase II blue version

Phase II red version

Phase III blue w Beacon and air conditioners

Phase III red w Beacon and air conditioner

The locos now also use the chameleon scripting where possible due to some attached meshes being different (haven't yet figured out how to get chameleon working to choose the correctly colored attachments)

Cheers
Walter

Back