Show off your reskins!

Well, the skin is almost done for the most part, I've added the running number, which is "903282":

Now pretty much the only thing left to do is to add the "CSX" logo:

The "C" and "X" shouldn't be to much of a problem, although the "S" may be difficult, unless there's some nifty trick in Paint.NET I haven't learned yet :/ I'll also put a C&O logo next to the number, if I can.

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested, this is the model my skin is based off of:

s-l1000.jpg

P.S. applegathc, those re-skins look really nice! :)

FONTS LINK http://www.railsimstuff.com/fonts1.html

50XhJq30QXuIUejzFdIofQ.png

Wow thanks everyone! Btvfd, the font graphics on this site you just linked, would I be able to use it in my re-skin, if I should choose to release it? Also, thanks for the tips guys, I learned a lot from the last three posts!

And PerRock, is this the correct website for Inkscape: https://inkscape.org/en/ ?

Last edited:
Someone else on the forums inspired me to do this one, but I can't remember who. Shout out to who ever you are for this great idea!

dbabedabe28af83736346ed488e8303b.jpg

The obviously superior railroad for this locomotive to run under.

68f1f361553efc9ff4c36d58b67d5f2a.jpg

It's his model and his choice, not mine. He gets real tired of gimmiepigs asking for stuff, just like every other content creator on the forums.

They didn't, the inspiration came from someone else on the forums. Part of the inspiration was from the DM&IR Yellowstones, they used centipede tenders on their engines.

I didn't know DMIR even had 4-8-4s. That looks sexy though!!

-Ben
As far as I'm aware, the DMIR didn't have any 4-8-4s the reskin is purely fictional.

Oh, and here's a reskin of mine. Just Trying out various weathering techniques.
5a760b1f33bb895a79b0ff348a93d255.jpg

Really? When I bugged him he wouldn't send them to me, So how am I to believe he actually sent them?
Because I say so.
Feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss the matter further.

Well, here it is guys!

I added the logos, changed the number (903282) font to Arial (I couldn't find Helvetica font for free), and made a last minute adjustment to the hue to correct the yellow a little bit. I also lowered the ride height by editing the config since the new bogies sit a bit high off the ground :D

I'll make an announcement thread once it is uploaded... I already have permission from Dave.

By the way Austin, those weathering effects look pretty nice! :)

P.S. Logan, you may want to take a look at the NARM freeware thread ;)

Back