Show off your reskins!

Getting a pizza at New Ringold. I plan doing the red version of 5018 and the other black 5018 which is has slightly different stripes. I think it came out OK for my first try. What a pain to do without a good blank!

Cadman
view_media_post
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful job there, evilcrow!! Terrific weathering.
Best,
smyers

Very good Evilcrow. If you would like, I could host that on TTZ if you ask permission from TheRock. I'm sure everyone would love that to go along with the previous CD content!

re posts #9189 smyers and #9190 DARTrider,
thank you both for your compliments.
I will certainly ask "The Rock" for permission and hopefully the gentleman will grant such permission and allow hosting of the reskin on TTZ.
Many thanks.
Cheers, Ken aka evilcrow

Thanks...It will be much better after I finish a blank map to bring out the details. In my opinion The Reading Northern route is one of the best ever in Trainz. Last weekend I drove the route from Port Clinton to Jim Thorpe to catch the steam Doubleheader and it's pretty scary how accurate the route actually is. IMHO other great routes are all Dermmy's creations. Besides being way ahead of their time his use of cameras on all his routes create great immersion.

Thanks...It will be much better after I finish a blank map to bring out the details. In my opinion The Reading Northern route is one of the best ever in Trainz. Last weekend I drove the route from Port Clinton to Jim Thorpe to catch the steam Doubleheader and it's pretty scary how accurate the route actually is. IMHO other great routes are all Dermmy's creations. Besides being way ahead of their time his use of cameras on all his routes create great immersion.

I was on that excursion! And so was Ross Roland and Andy Muller.

Nice....I have tickets for the fall run. I've never been down that way.....it's a 5 hour drive, but I had to check it out. What a long day! I drove 700 miles. On my the fall trip going hit Port Clinton, Strasburg and the East Broadtop.

Really liking your reskins of Bendorsey content Ken . Will be a must use for me . If I may ask ? how many more are you doing sir ?

Matt

Re post #9198 Railwoodman
Hello Matt, I'll do a few more in due course. Trouble is not all of Ben's models lend themselves to reskining or have probs like "flicker" or old scripts.
If you've got a asset in mind, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Bear in mind I cannot alter the mesh.

Cheers, Ken

A BN GP30, reskinned from the USLW Reading GP30 model. It took me a couple hours but it was fun doing this reskin! I saw the Reading GP30 had similar numbering positions to the BN's and thought why not? :)

2022-08-26_153514.jpg

Awesome, Sebashetan! How did you do it? I'm curious because I want to make it myself. Did you use a bump map blank method or something else? I know that CG's GP30's have a blank-able bump map.

Back