Show off your reskins!

Well it seems Jackson got me aboard the E7 train, took the time today to finally finish what I started almost 2 months ago...

These turned out far better than I expected. Updated with new sounds, textures, bogeys, and scripting, including a functional mars light:

M7uoeeX.jpg

SHgD3bn.jpg

Daylightrain,
That SP E7 is really cool. It really jumps out at you, against the dreary desert background. Very nicely done!

Heinrich505

In the PRR discussion above, can someone tell me about #5785 and #5816? Curious about the apparent extra length of both and the angled nose on #5785. Were these unusual units? Different designations?

To clarify, both mentioned units are not E7s or any E unit for that matter. 5785 is a Baldwin BP-20 "Sharknose" unit. They are roughly the Baldwin equivalent of the EMD E units that Jacksonbarno reskinned as they are designed for the same service in mind, however has history will tell you the E units were far more sucessful in actual service. 5816 is a Baldwin built "Centipede" locomotive. They are definitely unique engines for sure however were very unreliable in service and had numerous flaws and issues. Hope that helps.

Thanks Daylightrain. Yes, that helps. I have a lot to learn about locomotives! I see a few centipedes on the DLS, although brighter colors, but no Sharknose Baldwins. The more I look the more I learn! Thanks again!

Hey guys, I need your opinion on a paint scheme if you don't mind weighing in! You can reply to this comment or DM me your thoughts because I am REALLY on the fence about which one I like more :confused:... the locomotive in question is Arcade & Attica no. 14

sfszdyk.jpg

5qraDdO.jpg

Brian - both locos look good. The one with the grab irons is more prototypical for the real loco, but the second looks better to me. More of a classy feel to it. Could always say they repainted the real thing like your second one.

Brian - both locos look good. The one with the grab irons is more prototypical for the real loco, but the second looks better to me. More of a classy feel to it. Could always say they repainted the real thing like your second one.

I personally like the bottom one not a real fan of all that orange on the hand rails.

Thanks for weighing in! @whamm0 actually both schemes are accurate to schemes 14 actually wore when she was operating. She wore the black scheme in her very early years after we got her from Michigan (the A&A is the railroad I work for). The orange-trimmed scheme is definitely the one she is more known for though! I am acting as if she were restored and I was having a difficult time deciding which paint scheme I liked better, the black one is definitely growing on me but I think it makes the engine look smaller. Thanks!

Well they say black is very slimming ;-)

Thanks for the proto info. I say if both paint schemes are proto you could always have two versions, early and late, so people could model either time frame?

Well they say black is very slimming ;-)

Thanks for the proto info. I say if both paint schemes are proto you could always have two versions, early and late, so people could model either time frame?

Oh no, my apologies. I won't be releasing this, it's an extensive kitbash of a payware locomotive. This is just a personal project I've been working on.

Arcade & Attica (ARA) 80-ton centercab switcher no. 113 brings a freight train of empty hoppers and tankers across Cattaraugus Creek in downtown Arcade, NY, on her way back from the Reisdorf Bros. feed mill North Java. The empties will be dropped at the ARA's interchange with the Buffalo & Pittsburgh at Arcade Junction.

kkc7LN0.jpg

3v7zMLg.jpg

Back