Show off your reskins!

I like the color version of the logo I came up with but don't know what others think.

It looks really well done. Since it's in color, perhaps the trees could be green? The mountains are in color and this makes the trees seem odd as just black. Of course it may look worse that way too, but worth a try.

It looks really well done. Since it's in color, perhaps the trees could be green? The mountains are in color and this makes the trees seem odd as just black. Of course it may look worse that way too, but worth a try.

Your idea sounds good let me give it a shot

Last edited:
You may be able to lower the gamma on the brighter one or raise it on the darker one, depending which way you want to go. If it is a .bmp or .tga or .jpg file you can do that in a freeware like IrfanView under image-color corrections. As a whole image, that might match up the grays better as well, otherwise you have to try to select only what you want to change, and it only has a sizable square or rectangle to do that with...

67202613_10206342779965756_3855942572295847936_o.jpg

Good luck.

You're asking the wrong person. The original model is from NorfolkSouthern37 of JointedRail. That model is incredibly outdated. An updated version is available for free at JR, and there's an even more updated payware model. JR's reskin policy is very, very strict, and unless they know you, or you can really knock their socks off, you don't have a chance. You can reskin it all you want, but you can't share it.

Matt
You said that to me a long time ago about norfolksouthern37's outdated model, and about me reskinning it. After so long, I finally finished reskinning it a while ago into the livery that I said I was gonna do; the SCRX 3134. It came out so great. I thought I was making a great progress repainting the model into the livery that I always wanted to see in the Trainz community. But in the end, I came across a bump in the road or two, which I don't know how to fix, or if I even CAN fix it. That's the numberboards that are mirrored, which means the numbers are flipped backwards. This might be a deal-breaker for this model, so I may have to call it off and find another model to use this reskin idea on.

You almost got it right, in The Fast and The Furious, it was backwards:

4pm0ntfnr4811.jpg
True, but I always disregarded that particular shot, because I thought it was a goof from the editors. But if you like what I did, then I’ll keep it. I just don’t know how I can contact norfolksouthern37 to ask him for permission to share this reskin. I tried contacting him in many ways, but to no avail.

Last edited:
True, but I always disregarded that particular shot, because I thought it was a goof from the editors. But if you like what I did, then I’ll keep it. I just don’t know how I can contact norfolksouthern37 to ask him for permission to share this reskin. I tried contacting him in many ways, but to no avail.

Use the Contact function at jointedrail.com

peter

PRR photo op! What a cool shot. The PRR public relations guy really earned his money getting all those engines lined up just perfectly.

I could not find a photo of an PRR E7 in green only tuscan as all passenger locos were tuscan.

Might wanna look liiiiiiittle bit harder there Whitepass...

All E7s and the first order of E8s were delivered in Dark Green Locomotive Enamel (DGLE), which was the standard dark dark, dark, green paint for the PRR. Allegedly even their steam locomotives were painted in DGLE, but it usually appeared more black than green. You'll also notice that the keystones on the nose have numbers in lieu of the interlocked PRR lettering as well.

If you notice the pilots on those units, the first batch of E7s that were delivered arrived with faulty coupler door assemblies. The coupler did not extend out far enough, which left little room for crews to get to the air hoses. As a result, for a short period units with the original squared off doors could be seen with one door removed (5853 in Dan's post interestingly enough is shown during this period, although why the units are without trainphone antennae is beyond me). Although EMD redesigned a replacement, PRR fabricated their own massive huge doors (aptly dubbed "Frankenstein" pilots) at Altoona for this first batch of units. These doors did not slide outwards like the EMD design, but rather were hinged "clamshell" doors (5843 has them in the open position in this post). The second batch, from 1948 onwards, were delivered with standard later EMD coupler doors on the pilots, as well as lift rings on the nose. By 1952, all units were retrofitted with lift rings (among other modifications). All units were delivered with small numberboards, however the PRR modified them at Altoona around 1955, giving them large homebuilt numberboards up front. The coupler doors were also removed at this time as well. Also note the single forward facing single chime air horn mounted over the engineer's side on top of the cab. None of the E7s that I'm aware of were delivered with a rear facing one, however during rebuilds the units received a variety of multi-chime horns later in their lives.

The gold leaf five stripe and DGLE scheme was standard on all passenger power (EP-20s [E7s], E8s, PAs, BP-60s, BP20s) from 1945 until 1952-1953. While a few E8s did receive a Tuscan and gold leaf scheme in 1952, very shortly after delivery the motive power department changed the gold color to buff gold, a less expensive substitute.

I'll leave you with a totally only Tuscan set of photos of PRR passenger power from a five minute google search.

19-PRRHarrisburgPA072652gf.jpg
PRR_5848_A-Pb.jpg
PRR_5843_A-Pb.jpg
PRR5880HarrisburgPA062451.jpg

e17f1ab0a66ddb1b806fec39c86a70d6.jpg
PRR_5756_A-Pb.jpg
b5a500036f977326ad6cb83c001c1121.jpg

PRR photo op! What a cool shot. The PRR public relations guy really earned his money getting all those engines lined up just perfectly.

Also thanks Heinrich! Always glad to help the PRR PR guy prove his worth!

Last edited:
I could not find a photo of an PRR E7 in green only tuscan as all passenger locos were tuscan.
Is that so? In addition to the photos below, Jack Consoli calls out in the Keystone Modeler that "The painting diagrams for both the E7 and E8 units originally called for gold leaf striping and lettering over Dark Green Locomotive paint. On July 7, 1952 the Motive Power department announced the decision to paint all passenger diesels Tuscan red." To reflect this, here are photos of a variety of PRR passenger diesels:
PRR_5844_A-Pb.jpg

4hnvsps171fz.jpg

PRR_5853_55_A-Pb.jpg

PRR_8506_A-Pb.jpg

Last edited:
So I need to say , this isn't the PRR thread :hehe: But saying that , I have been loving the recent posts of the work posted . Nice work on the BN cars . the time spent can be seen . Jacksonbarno I haft a say . Paint anyway you like . All good as long as their PRR :hehe:

The tuscan and DGLE being only fright or passenger debate was one I had to be re schooled on too . Old timer showed their home shots from 40,50 and 60 . where they were switched all over the place . :hehe: The work on these are great , so I like both .

Matt

Last edited:
Back