Show off your reskins!

9c179522b239e6b33eba94aedf66da28.jpg

1a8abe5a88e5e99deb4be821c7ef305f.jpg

80882da2e3c5e3e4555680132f7b30ec.jpg

a4d51c8d2919dfc246f7c360ca45f08a.jpg

67d6f33b65abd0eb147a24dbe142447e.jpg

I tried reskinning this one lamp from the DLS, but I got these messages making them faulty. Is there a way to fix them?
Open up the affected texture files and zoom all the way in on a corner of the texture.....make one pixel a different shade or colour and bingo, Bob's your uncle

Just a couple of VIA units.....as delivered F40 and the new anniversary scheme
20201017013738-1.jpg

20200413124053-1.jpg

Last edited:
California Northern Railroad (CFNR) EMD GP15-1 #104 Ex-CNW

Was a bit frustrated that there weren't any decent CFNR GP15 locomotives (the ones on the DLS aren't even GP15s) so I decided to reskin the CNW GP15-1 units from RRMods since they were the only ones available.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Still have ways to go before it's fully complete. This is also my very first reskin.

Last edited:
Not bad for a first reskin, quite impressive.

Did you happen to see Dave Snow's gp15-1 on the DLS? A reskin of that would allow you to release it for others on the DLS (Dave recently gave his permission for all his content to be freely modified)

Cheers
Walter

The problem is, they're not CNW units. They don't have the iconic gong bell in the front so it wouldn't look right. Also, what I meant by "only ones available" was the CNW units that had the gong bell in the front as well as the marking lights. I already put in so much effort into the reskin and moving to a different locomotive would essentially start that process over again since I know the UV map isn't the same.

WIP but here is a reskin of Ryanstrains's Metra Nippon Bi-Level 8500 Cab Cars. Unfortunately, I had to take out the alpha channel that makes the main textures brighter when loading them in game, and as a result the cab car looks much darker than what it should be, so if anyone could help me out with creating an alpha channel similar to what was found on the original texture to make it brighter, that would be appreciated. Other than that I am very impressed with how these turned out, and this is probably my favorite reskin that I've done since returning to Trainz.

No, I cannot give these out. I do not have the original creators permission to do so, as he does not want the original content redistributed.

Since FallenFlagsRR is down (again), I thought to just make my own NYC H10a. Definetly not accurate to the irl thing but I'm pretty happy with it! Will do some more minor kitbashing in the future.
NYC-%232140-%28H10a%29-leads-mixed-freight.jpg

Did you make this from scratch??? this looks absolutely amazing

Here's a "what if" reskin of Dave Snow's undecorated SD70. A rather familiar sight on the southeast side of Chicago was the shortline Chicago Rail Link. What if they did some long haul of coal?

Locomotive 5100 is in real life a GP 40-2w.

Nice loco. Very colorful. I saw your note about the real 5100 being a GP40-2w. Did you happen to see Dave's GP40-2w Undecorated locos? They come in many different versions. Perhaps one would match the real 5100?

Cheers
Walter

Back