Changing a Passenger-Initiated station into Static Scenery.

Enkidoh

Westrail Fanatic
I'm having a problem with a particular interactive station in Driver in 2010. The train pulls into the station and passengers board and alight as normal. However, that's all that happens - immediately after the passengers board, the clock freezes and a red button appears at the bottom of the page, which throws up a 'thread exception' error message if I click on it.

It usually freezes up Trainz after that (I can't shut it down through the main menu as the whole program locks up), necessitating a forced Cntrl+Alt+Del back to the Desktop and shut down 2010 through the Task Manager.

The station in particular is one of mcq's wonderful U-bahn stations, called 'Zitadelle' (kuid2:121826:10702:1). I noticed the station is 04 content, so I presumed it might not be fully 2010 compliant, but none of the other U-bahn stations seem to have this error.

As a result, I was just going to cut my losses with the passenger interaction of this station, and so, I was wondering, is it possible to convert it into a non-interactive static scenery item? I presume changing it's config file would probably be the way to do it, but I don't want to mess around with things I'm not sure of in case I break the content completely.

Any help with this will be very appreciated. Thanks! :D

In the config file, any asset (even a loadable commodity) can be made ito a static scenery item, trackside item, buy replacing the above tags, and vice versa.

You can even change the config file and make a scenery item drivable using the Driveable Superadaptor.

The red button appearing is usually the indication of a script error. If you are positive that the station is causing the problem it can be fixed as follows:

In CM open the station for edit with explorer and then open the config.txt file. Look for a .gs or .gse file. This contains the script for the station. Next, locate a working station that does not show the script error. Open it as above and copy the .gs/.gse file. and close the folder. Now, go back to the problem station and paste the .gs/.gse file in the config.txt file. You should get a message that the gs/gse file already exists, do you want to replace it with script.gs/gse? Click yes, save and commit. Hopefully, the problem is solved. Also, you said this is 2004 content. Most 2004 content shows up with errors in 2009/10. Use CM to check for errors, including dependencies. I have repaired errors in older assets only to find that they would still not appear or work properly. Further checking of dependencies showed additional errors/faults including mesh errors that need to be fixed. Most warnings can be ignored, although they are usually the easiest to repair. Good Luck.

tomurban

Hi tomurban,

I'm not sure it's that easy by adding a script from another asset, I've started making my own platforms for a route I'm building and the script is setup based on how many triggers are on the mesh and the naming order, for example

60m station can have trigger_a, trigger_b, trigger_c, trigger_d.

double platform could be

trigger_0a, trigger_0b, trigger_0c, trigger_0d trigger_1a, trigger_1b, trigger_1c, trigger_1d and so on

if I was going to add someones else station script with my platforms
it won't work due to different creators naming.

-Aaron

I would have a look at the next driver command after the station. As the train has loaded fine it would seem that the freeze comes when the driver looks at the next instruction.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I ended up cloning the item in CMP, changed it's tags to a scenery item in the config file as Cascade mentioned, and then, just to be safe, deleted all the script code as well. At least I can now run trains through there without trouble.

Once again, thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:
Back