Interior camera Attachemt points in gmax

mikey186

More TO Explore
does any of u know the attachment points for the interior camera of the passenger car? eg. 'a.[pointname]'.

Last edited:
This snippet from the TRS2006CCG:

a.outsideview [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](0, 1, etc..)[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]These are located external of the loco body mesh.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]The camera is positioned to face the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]negative Y[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]direction of the attachment.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Toggled using [ and ] using the internal camera mode after default interior camera view(s).[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Also get PEV's Mest-Text-Viewer from http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~villaump/pevsoft.htm. With it you can look at the main mesh files of locomotives that have camera views defined in their config.txt files. Mesh-Text-Viewer will show you name and x,y,z coords of all attachment points in a mesh.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Bob
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

You treat it exactly as you would an engine cab i.e. you need the attachment point a.cabfront, an interior mesh and then add a.outsideviewx where x is a value from 0 upwards. You do not need to create an interior mesh but use either Slugsmasher's invisicab or Bendorsey's instruction sheet cab. This is what I do and just add the a.outsideview points as needed. You will find information on this in the Trainz Classic CCG (and presumably the Wiki if you have the patience)

If you want to, you can of course create an interior mesh but remember it will not show up the passengers.

I don't quite follow you. What I have described is what I do to get inside views of traincars. You need a.cabfront and an interior kuid line in the config file in order to access the a.outsideview points. My method is to complete and import the traincar without the outsideview points and then use roaming view (4) to get inside and choose where to add the viewpoints.

There are no attachment points for internal cameras, the coordinates and the pitch and yaw values are input directly into the config. You just need a.cabfront.

Paul

Back