Railworks 2 - Any good?

Very nice shots walter36, but have you thought about using the higher detail 09 ground textures that are available. Far better than any Railworks textures..

Last edited:
Try making content and getting it to work in Railworks. Even non-Railworks generated freeware doesn't work. Go to the forums and ask why and they will all say it works for them.

My crude Tutorial flatcar works great in Trainz, all versions.

Harold

Very nice shots walter36, but have you thought about using the high detail 09 ground textures that are available. Far better than any Railworks textures..

Just a trainz related Q here. Do you think its possible to update the old default textures in Trainz to higher quality ones? Surely if you increase the dimensions so that texture then fits 4 of the old texture its got mor detail in a small space? Or am I confused?

Just a trainz related Q here. Do you think its possible to update the old default textures in Trainz to higher quality ones? Surely if you increase the dimensions so that texture then fits 4 of the old texture its got mor detail in a small space? Or am I confused?
I don't see the need to update default textures that way myself, but it may be possible. I just use the replace assets feature to upgrade the textures & track, much easier

That does work as I did that with some of my textures in my "growing list of not yet released" stuff and it made a big difference. Important though if you do that you need to make sure the original is seamless to start with and then make sure the finished texture is seamless as well. Easier unless you need a specific texture for a purpose to just to use the replace tool and change the textures.

Thanks guys.

I'm updating the default textures to be seasonal as my route uses most of the UK region Auran textures.. but while doing this was thinking of trying to improve their quality :)

More HO Layout

walter36201012030009.jpg

Back