steam engine & tender tga file trouble!

UP5521

Tidewater Western owner
okay,I upgraded from gimp and downloaded paint.net,and I was attemping to reskin some 2-8-2s,4-6-0s and other american steam for my tidewater western railroad route and I am having trouble doing it,if anyone can help me out,I'd appreciated!

Last edited:
I have paint.net and the problem I am having is reskinning pencil42 & bdaneal's steamers for a fictional RR that I'm working on,I tried two times after saving the work,but after viewing the steam engines in content creator plus,it was white,the tga file and the numbers failed to load,I wonder if it is something I'm doing wrong or not but if anyone can help me sort this problem out,thanks!:(

Make sure you are saving the TGA files as uncompressed - there's probably an option or advanced tab when you are saving to do this.

Curtis

I use Paint.net and the settings when saving I usually leave as shown below. I suggest you check the size of the TGA file as well, they are usually 3MB or 4MB (approx). I have had to change the auto detect to 32-bit to get the right file size when saving the 4MB type. Hope this helps.

Dave

saveselect.jpg

Make sure you are saving the TGA files as uncompressed - there's probably an option or advanced tab when you are saving to do this.

Curtis

problem solved,thanks alot,oh I think I have a V&T 2-8-0 reskin in the works,this should go with the rest of your great steam roster!;)

Last edited:
Cool! I'm looking forward to it!!

And, glad to hear your reskinning is working now!

;)okay,how soon do you want the reskin,because I am having a little trouble with the numbering on the and high headlight version,and before I forget,I might need to get permission from bdaneal to release it,because the engines are his and I just thought that I would mention that!:(

Last edited:
oh yeah pencil42,when you get the reskin,you might need to modifiy this engine to its authentic V&T appearance,just thought I would throw this in the previous post I forgot to mention!;)

V&T consolidation is on the way!

okay,pencil42, the reskin is complete but,all that is left for me to do is a little testing and eventual release ,via,after being given permission!;)

Last edited:
Back