paintshed download

I take it that these older assets are by Coroporal Major ?

There is an even better one (EMD F7A&B - GN) on Jointed Rail freeware (requires registration and log in to see assets).

But how can I reskin vehicles in TS2010?

Just as oknotsen says, you download Gimp, or use a professional photo/graphics editor such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, and edit the texture graphics files. Once you've made your changes, you then save the model and you have your new version to run in Trainz. (I didn't go into details here on the editing. We can leave that to a future post elsewhere, or you can search the forums for editing).

http://www.gimp.org/

This is the official link for the latest version of Gimp.

Regards,

John

When Paintshed doesn't work in TS12, how do I get the Route I downloaded to work?
I used the ingame Content Downloader, because the one from the Startmenu (Content Manager 3.7) is ultraslow (5-8 kB/S) even with FCT. And before the obvious questions arise: Yes, I activated the Ticket and the CM acknowledged my Ticket, otherwise I couldn't download anything right now, because another Route needed roughly 200MB in assets. The ingame downloader seems to be working as intended and doesn't snail around like the other.

The Route I am talking about is called: A and SLT MP TS12 SP1 HF4 9.0 + the Scenario with the same name. After the download was finished the name was displayed in red and underneath it said: Content requires Paintshed.

What exactly are my options with this Route, if there are any at all besides deleting?

When Paintshed doesn't work in TS12, how do I get the Route I downloaded to work?
Paintshed and routes do not have a relation.

So, to get your route to work: Download it and open it in game.
Content that moans about needing paintshed: Just download it again and click retry a few times in Content Manager.

The Content Manager I mean is the one directly ingame, I don't see a retry option anywhere. The other Downloader that is accessible through the Startup/Splashscreen after choosing Content has an absolute horrible speed despite having a FCT.

Edit: I tried redownloading this Route after it stopped with the mentioned error. It starts over, retrieving the depencies and asset list, starts downloading and a few seconds later it stops again with the same message that it needs Paintshed before downloading. My guess is, it is an asset, but it never gets past this thing. Tried a few times now t no avail.

Last edited:
You are really not missing much ... Paintshed is rather limited and antiquated ... I will try to find you a link ... You need the TRS2004 Paintshed for TRS2006, as TRS2006 Paintshed is broken, and is missing the lang files.

There is a higher version TGV (I think by Frogpipe), and it could be better re-skinned with gimp, pain.net, Irfanview ... etc ... most pantshed assets are better touch up edited by proper re-skinning.

Is it all yellow ... What shade of yellow, in RBG colors ... What desired road name ?

There is a SNCF TGV postal available at the DLS (kuid:169344:100101 to kuid:169344:100105). It's an old (UTC) paintshed skin.

Peter

When Trainz go "Postal"
This one:
8072542413_cb8f44893d_z.jpg

TGV_la_poste_3.jpg

that's it, but I friend wants one with different logos, so where can I get paintshed from, as fileplanet no longer works and the gaurc.us link goes to a 403 forbidden

Back