paintshed download

Could I possibly get them to work in TS12? I'm planning on getting it and I wanna make some awesome locos.

Paintshed never made any awesome locos, it was a totally lacking program, and re-skined only a handfull of choice Paintshed templates only ... it reskined nothing else.

You can get paintshed stuff to work in TS12, but it takes a lot of tinkering and even more tinkering to replace the sliding disk wheels with 3D wheels that actually roll, even after all that it still looks cartoonish compared to newer trains.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/Basic_Reskinning_for_beginners

That's your best bet, of The Big Three train simulators, reskinning Trainz locos and cars is actually the easiest to learn. Paintshed was an art project for Kindergarten classes, and produced similar results.

The 04 Paintshed download on Fileplanet works very well in 06 also ... and I have had alot of fun with it ... although the Paintshed templates are extremely limited, and do not work in higher versions than 06.

Paintshed was built-in to TRS2006, why download and install the older version?

William
Because the Built In TRS2006 version has a broken defective Paintshed program that will not function at all ... as it has unrepairable missing US=Lang files.

So to fix it ... you install the TRS2004 Paintshed, into the TRS2006/bin ... and delete the TRS2006 Paintshed program altogether.

Last edited:
Paint Shed

do i have to get trs04 to get the paint shed:confused: :( :D :) ;)
i have the full version of trs 06 and it won't let me go on paint shed

Last edited:
The reason the 06 paintshed does not work is because the US Lang file is broken and missing ...
That seems to be true only for some people or certain operating systems as my version of Paintshed in 2006 has always worked just fine.

Paintshed in TRS2009?

Yes. it does work nicely even though the range is limited. 2010+ I don't know about. I have even just this week uploaded TRS2004 paintshed locos to the DLS and the rate they are being downloaded, someone is able to use them. Incidentally, the original build number is 1.3. These are build number 2.9. To update paintshed locos for the DLS, get AssetX. I can't remember where from. This tidies up the config file better than Content Creator Plus and leaves no nasty errors on committing other than a warning about meshes.

Back