Shadow mesh fix tutorial

shadow mesh tutorial

Alternately you can do as follows
Select the body folder . Click on file and select new folder . no need to name it . right click on .im file and copy to the new folder . Rename the file by removing the ...._ body.im and substituting ...._shadow.im .(just the words body and substituting shadow) . Now right click on the new file ...._shadow and cut and paste in the body folder . Go to the config file and add under the auto-create 1
{
shadow
{
mesh "name.im"
}
}
make sure you have the same number of { as } in your mesh table section .
There is no need to have a separate folder named shadow as this method works perfectally
junewil

second alternative-If you don't really care about having a shadow then the missing shadow error can be corrected by editing the objects config.txt file in Explorer and adding the following:

mesh-table {
default {
mesh meshbody/meshname.pm
auto-create 1
}
}

where meshbody and meshname are replaced by real names and the mesh may be .pm or .im. This mesh table without a shadow mesh tells CM that there is no shadow.

Bob

I have been through the PM to IM, Quickshadow, as well as the above suggestions. Nothing will eliminate the asset looking for a shadow.pm file that does not appear anywhere in a config file. I have done the conversions to IM and Quickshadow without success - still looking for that shadow.pm
Obviously something has it searching for the shadow, and if not in the config (or any other file that I can find), where might it be?
The fault is creating a faulty lag that prevents use in T2010.
Confused.

Here's the way I do it. (NOTE: If you've monkeyed around with the files too much it may not work. You may have to go in CMP and use the "Revert to Original" command.)

1. Open for editing in Explorer
2. Use PEVsoft PM2IM to make an .IM file of the body.
3. Use PEVsoft Quickshadows to make shadow of the body using the .IM file.
4. Close and commit.
5. Open for Editing in Content Creator Plus.
a. Delete all lines in RED using the "X".
b. Click on the "Traincar" file + (upper left).
c. Under "Mesh Table" Click on "Default" --- click on the three dots to
the right. (You should see a picture of the car body. If you don't, something is wrong.) Go and SAVE FILE.
d. Under "Mesh Table" Click on "Shadow" --- click on the three dots to
the right. You should see a picture of the black shadow. Go and SAVE FILE.
6. Close and Commit.

NOTE: This works for me everytime I have a Shadow not found problem.

Good luck!

Dave Snow
`
`
`

Dave

Did everything through 5c - no image appeared - only a red line screaming for its shadow pm - again. At the end of the process same result as always.

Thanks for trying to help.

Well,sometimes the easy solution is the best. I deleted the asset and dl'd again from the DLS. Although it had config problems in other areas which I fixed, the shadow issue was gonzo. The loco cleared faulty assets and now works in 2010. Obviously in trying to fix the problem I in fact broke the asset.
Many thanks for your help.

Dave

Yes!. Haven't had much time to look around yet - but looks very M&NAish - high bridges and electric power plants.

Nice route.

Warren

Dave

Yes!. Haven't had much time to look around yet - but looks very M&NAish - high bridges and electric power plants.

Nice route.

Warren

(For anyone who doesn't know --- "Missouri & Northern Arkansas" --- my FAVORITE shortline!:hehe:

Here's the way I do it....

Dave -
Thanks so much for that quick, step by step tutorial...I'm brand new to Trainz (and PEVs tools, of course!), so your post really helped out to understand how best to fix assets using PEVs tools. Also, to this point, I had only been editing using Notepad, so your post nudged me towards CCP...really made things easy!

Thanks again,

Ben

I'm following the tutorial on Pev's site for the quickshadow. I'm not getting the same options the tutorial show. There is no options to the right for simple shadow, box shadow, or the plain options.

My TRS12 is not installed in the default folder and it has not asked me to locate.

When I create a shadow for any wagon I just get a square black box.

Thanks guys.

trick is after making the shadow file ya need to open it in ccp and check the mesh file click the tab it will take you to the file folder click it and it will show up.....

if in ccp it doesnt show a shadow mesh right click the mesh icon and create new mesh name it shadow then follow first steps ya good to go

Back