After using Trainz several hours today now it wont start?

on30gn15

After using Trainz several hours today now it wont start?

It's 2006, I think 2.6 build (3337)

This morning and this afternoon my Dad, a Trainz 2004,2005,2006,2009, veteran was using it while visiting.

Now this evening after multiple times, restarting 4 times, plugged into the net, unplugged from the net, nope, still won't start.

Did Dad break it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried to pull op Content Manager from start panel - got all the wrench and ratched sounds but nothing appeard

And then when went to task manager - it idn't show as task running.

Showed in Processes list, though.

See: Your "Planet Auran"-"Profile" page (upper box on the Top Right of this forum header)-UN & PW probably need to be reset, by blanking out, save as blank, shutting down, restarting, and re-entering the same UN & PW that was presently there, and hit, save. (It can be the same UN & PW)

Also try resetting the TRS2006 "Options" & "CMP Information-Internet Settings-"UN & PW", in the same way as above (Blanking out, saving as blank, shut down, restart, re-enter the same UN & PW, and hit, save.

Do this for TC Options & TC CMP, as well as TRS2006 Options & TRS2006 CMP ( I am presuming that you have TC/TRS2006-TrainzRailwayz-Full Version-Build 3337 as I do).

Right click on the desktop TRS2006 Icon: Properties: Advanced: Tick the box: "Run as Administrator", and save, and restart your PC.

Auran/TC/bin/launcher
AuranTC/bin/CMP
Auran/TRS2006/bin/launcher
Auran/TRS2006/bin/CMP
Are all entered as program traffic-"Always ALLOW" as allowable exceptions rules, to your antivirus firewall.

In both the TC & TRS2006 Options or CMP Info page(s) ... the box(s) in both programs, where it says "Use IE Setting", tick those box(s), in both the TC & TRS2006, also

Last edited:
Also try resetting the TRS2006 "Options" & "CMP Information-Internet Settings-"UN & PW, in the same way as above (Blanking out, saving as blank, shut down, restart, re-enter the same UN & PW, and hit, save.

Just did that.

EDIT -->

OH !

Wait a minute - left out the shut down and restart part.

Last edited:
Do this for TC Options & TC CMP, as well as TRS2006 Options & TRS2006 CMP ( I am presuming that you have TC/TRS2006-TrainzRailwayz-Full Version-Build 3337 as I do).

Totally lost on that one.
Do know what CMP is but I'm lost on TC CMP and TC Options.

Presume correctly on 3337.

Tried to get into "Manage Content" from start screen - made all the gear and grind noises but, once again, after 10 minutes nothing has shown on screen.

Wonder what it would do with trying to download something from DLS? Going to go see if there is a Heisler.

WHOA! Hey! CMP opened after hitting download on the Heisler.

Last edited:
TC has a an Options, as well as a CMP information page ...

As does TRS2006 has Options as well as a CMP information page

Run a Harlem Line-Driver session, briefly in TC and see it TC driver starts up ... to see if it also is affected like TRS2006, Driver, is giving you startup problems.

Last edited:
I don't know what TC is.

anyway, downloaded Heisler fine into CMP
Closed CMP.

Trains started just fine.

Just got done trying something on my Test Track layout.

I have no idea, zero idea, what happened.

Very likely TRS2006 was rebuilding the assets.tdx database index. When TRS2006 won't start, start the Task Manager and see if the process list shows ContentManager.exe running at 25% CPU. Until that goes to 00 you can go futher with 2006. You have to wait or sometimes hitting ESC will let you proceed.

Bob

Very likely TRS2006 was rebuilding the assets.tdx database index.

But when computers and programs are doing that kind of thing they need to tell me!

In the absence of evidence that something okay is happening and that's why it isn't starting quite yet, it appears something bad is happening when (Not Responding) comes up.

When a person is "not responding" - that means they are on their way to being dead.
My program is (Not Responding) - that means my program is dying and the stuff in it will be lost.

Last edited:
Just means it is to busy doing work to have time to get back to the monitoring software as to what it is doing.

Back