New Route

Thule_P

Just... Narrow Gauge, yo
Hi.

I am currently working on a route in TRS2004 (mainly because that's the only version of my two games I can pack a CDP), the route is 2ft gauge, and I'm not quite a genius at GMax, so I would like some help, please.
I'm looking for:
A loco/rolling stock builder
A Structure builder

I'll be building the route, but there are some objects in the back of my mind specifically for this route that I can't come up with using current buildings in-game. If anyone would like to help me build this route, please do say so. I hope to get this route ready before Christmas, but I'm also hoping to release it at Christmas. By the time I finish the route, I will send a copy of the route to whoever has contributed in building it. Thanks,
Richard

Would anyone like to help? Yes? No? Maybe so? I can supply designs to whoever would like to help.

If DLS uploads are cut off soon in the 04/06 unsupport, you may have to host your CDP on a 3rd part site, or filesharing site, or possibly compress the CDP into a zip file, as most E-Mail providers have a limit on size of files.

My route is 567 Mb in size ... 10,000 baseboards ... way too much for the DLS anyway

Last edited:
If you can post some pics of the kind of stuff you're after, it might provoke folk's interest.

Paul

I might just try that, but the route is totally freelance. Don't worry, I'll try to get it hosted on a third party site, and I think I know just the one.

Sorry for double posting, but I have pictures.
mildfurlightrlycarriage.jpg

Four wheel coach
mildfurlightrlycarriage.jpg

Four wheel guard's coach
slatewagons.jpg

Slate Wagons (metal bodies)
lorrainedesign.jpg

2-6-2 heavy tank engine Mildfur Light Rly No. 6 "Lorraine"

This is just what I have so far. I'll have some other things later. If someone wants to help with these, I'll send better images to them so that they can make a better attempt at the loco than with these images.

Last edited:
Does anyone need more? Sorry, but I cannot show how I've done on the route with laying tracks or hills at the moment, as I want the design of the railway to be a surprise. I can only show you the route if you volunteer. This offer won't be around forever, you know.

Hope you get support

But don't hold your breath. When I started my WC line from Paddington to Reading I needed a rail link flyover situated just past Harlington station if I remember correctly. I asked and asked and nobody volunterred.
However, one kind soul who shall remain nameless for their protection from requests did created Reading station and quite a few of the more unusual buildings close to the tracks, and I am forever in that person's debt for being so kind and giving up their time and expertise.
HoweverBut that was I think the only person, so you may have a problem. Not letting people know the requirements may be a mistake and keep any likely volunteers away, but that is of course your choice. Personally I would like to know what I am about to let myself in for.

However, and perhaps to try and help you, I suggest you learn to use gmax. It's something I put off for several years and I regret that now. There is a steep learning curve but once past that you can build most of your stuff yourself.
For instance : To get the 4 suburban house that have just gone onto the DS before the cut-off date, I put those together in three days and that included creating the graphics in PSP. So once you have the hang of some basics you will find most things within your grasp and on the Content Creation section on this forum you will get plenty of help, there have been no 'trade secrets' as far as I know. Maybe not rolling stock, that takes a lot more effort I think, and possibly more knowledge than I have about it anyway, but buildings will be fine.
Gmax is free as is TACS (Trainz Asset Creation Studio, which you will need to get your creations into Trainz), so there's no cost involved, only to your time and sanity perhaps.... lol.
The problem faced by all content creators for older versions are the same now, me included, as Auran will not host them, so you will need a third party site to do it. My personal opinions about this are irrelevant here, but I am sad.

Good luck

Thanks for the comments, Angela. I am still in the developing stages for GMax. I have GMax files for Shagster's Bundy Fowler bogey and locos, and Schoolhater's Little Miner mesh, but I can't quite figure out how I can modify them. I mean, I have got the problem of ungrouping most of the parts, so it will take me some time at the moment. This opportunity is for until I can fully understand GMax, and that may be some time. Any help for it is accepted, of course. All the same, thanks for the comments.:wave:

I guess in the meantime, you can comment on my designs. Drawn by me in Powerpoint.:wave: I'm pretty good with that program.:hehe:

Back