south-eastern trains

The problem is, the new people need to make smart decisions. Posting requests in screenshots is not a smart decision. Its called screenshots, for a reason, to post screenshots. I'm not saying you need to be apart of some "clique" to decide weather or not if your are insulted for what you say. There is no "clique" that I know of, skidmark22. Id like to know what clique there is around here.

I have been on this forum now for about 18 months and it is painfully obvious that there is a clique and I am not referring to knowing how to use the forum. There is a group here which shows great favor to others in that group but almost ignores or talks down to those not in that group. If you can't see that, then you must be in the clique. Like I said, I have been watching it for about 18 months now and it makes me sick. Seeing the way the clique talked to this noob today in this thread was the last straw. You have no tack, no diplomacy, no kindness. Couldn't you just politely tell the guy that posting the question here was not proper instead of talking to him like he was a piece of trash. No, your little clique owns this forum and noobs are not welcome so they better get it right the first time or stay away. I guess you have forgotten that sometime in the past, you was a noob yourself. I am certain that none of the clique ever made a mistake or had to ask for help even as a noob.:hehe:

Look, I'm not trying to start a fight with you here skid, but, the problem about all of this that the people who were once noobs that are in this "clique" that you keep referring to is that when they were noobs, they didn't go around asking for things like today's noobs. Earlier, you had respect for people's creations. Not like today, when people ask OMG WHERE DID YOU GET THIS PLZ TELL ME PLZ.

There is NO clique here. If there is, the "clique" would be the people that know how to use this forum. Otherwise, if you post like a gimme-pig and post without forum etiquette, you're simply a noob in my eyes. Which honestly this forum has a LOT of gimme pigs.

See things like that, makes you a noob. If you had asked for skid, norfolk and myself to either stop arguing or take to the argument to another thread, then that would have been quite alright.

Can i just ask why you've started two threads about this? theres this one and another, use just one thread, it saves forum bandwidth, and using two threads wont get replys quicker, remember trainz is a hobby, not a job, so people reply when they can.

On another note, welcome to the trainz community! :wave:

Meyshollop

Yes. but combine them, and if your asking for stuff ( which in some cases is frowned upon on these forums ) put it in ONE thread, essentially these threads are the same, just put them under one heading, such as '3rd rail stock requests' or 'looking for southern railway stock'

Remember, these forums are used by people from all over the world, not everyone will know what south-eastern trains is, and remember that although your new, some manners and common sense go a LONG way on these forums ;)

Keep this in mind

Meyshollop

Just thought this may end your pathetic argument:

Skidmark:

an example to blow away your theory: hope5 started as a noob spamming the Uk screenshots thread with requests. however now he has learnt not to do that (through an argument about noobs and newbs like you are having here) we have all discoverd his talent.

Even if there were two groups like you describe. One where you are valued, and one where you are used as a punch-bag (which there isn't). hope5 has proven that noobs (and newbs) are not excluded and people are more than willing to accept them and love them providing they show respect and mainly that they do not run the forum and content creators don't work for them.

Meyshollop:

To be fair to him- his location does say "United Kingdom" (although that doesn't specifically specify what he wants)

Regards,
Phil

@ tardis, true, but i mean for people from america, theres a southern railway in america aswell, so they might get confused... so i was just giving him a few pointers ;)

@ Bhourton, no problem :)

Meyshollop

Back